Sunday, November 22, 2020

Already Time for Another November Update ~

 



How can these days be flying by so quickly?  Thanksgiving in less than a week???  We will not even mention the "C" word until after the "T" holiday.

Two of myy three projects I worked on at the retreat are now all hooked, bound and labeled.

Christmas tree for my wooden drawer ~


Joy footstool mat will be gifted on Thanksgiving Day ~


Santa and Rudy 1892 ~ I am doing that fun X binding.  Two sides done, two to go.  It looks pretty wonky in the picture but don't think it is so much in person.


A new project is on the frame.  Not much has been accomplished . . . but thanks to Lynn for allowing me to steal, copy, borrow, use her idea for a scrappy-ish little tree.  I am hooking mine more "cats paw style" then "penny style".  I'm still deciding if it will be a green tree or something different.


I have also started the little Bethia sampler on 40 count linen, a first for me.  I have to be so careful ~ continually count and recount ~ but using my Ott light with magnifier it is doable.  I don't think I would want to attempt a larger sampler with this count.  Hopefully it will get a little easier as I get more comfortable with the high count.


I have given up the thought of hooking the skinny turkey or doing the Rebekah "stitching small" turkey.  Maybe next year . . . 😉

Do you enjoy Netflix?  We just watched The Queen's Gambit.  I absolutely loved it!!!  Only seven episodes in this limited series and most likely there will not be a season 2.  I know nothing about chess so I had no idea that was the subject matter of the series.  Whodda thunk a series about chess could be so engaging?  Makes me want to learn the game . . . in my spare time.

Today I am most thankful for FINALLY finishing cleaning my house.  Now we are not talking deep cleaning or such, just every day dusting and sweeping up of the dust bunnies.  I won't tell just how many weeks it has been since it was done.  (Of course, this does not include the wool room 😂)

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Your blog post was fun and interesting until near the end when you mentioned cleaning your house. OMG, I'm SO way behind ~ I do vacuum but the windows, curtains, wall board and corners oh my. Okay, enough of that......

I love what you've shown of accomplishments and not can't wait to see what the new project is.

acorn hollow said...

You have busy as always. Cleaning ugg I did the upstairs today tomorrow a vacuum
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Sweet Christmas mats. As hookers and stitchers we have to work ahead of the season, but I’m with you. I love Thanksgiving and everything about it. I dislike that the day is rushed right into Cmas stuff. Happy Thanksgiving week

Julia said...

I know what you mean about time flying by so quickly. You have done a lot of hooking.
I love your Santa. No wonder you have no time to clean the house. I'm not hooking and my house needs cleaning, but I have a husband to pick up after. I think old men are worst than little kids, lol.

I don't think I would attempt a 40 count cross stitch. That's for young girls with good eyes, but you seem to be doing a great job.

Take care and stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Love your hooking projects !!! I wish I could do Counted Cross Stitch , there are so many great designs , but my old eyes & counting are just too frustrating for me now . Hooking & punch needle are more fun !
Cleaning ....LOL !!!! I don't worry about it until I have company & then watch me GO!!! Since Covid , I did have to clean even though no one is visiting. I just put out all my Cmas things , so cleaned while I did that ...done til the week before !!!

Prims By The Water said...

I managed to clean a bit today myself. Long overdo. :-( Love all of your projects. I have the urge to cross stitch, but have sio many projects now to finish. Alas not enough time. UGH Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Clean??? Hmmmm....you mean something other than just the litter boxes??? ;-) Well, I have accomplished none of the things you have....no cleaning, no hooking, no stitching...nada. I'm frankly surprised I have made it to blog reading. I just completely gave up on today. No matter what I touched went sour. Wow. I am afraid to even make myself anything to eat for dinner. The Halloween candy leftovers has come in handy more than not recently. I love your tree....and Joy....and Santa and Rudy!! Your Santa has such personality...I actually see the "jolly" about him. Curious....Do you display your drawer in the same place all the time and just switch out the "fillers" or does it get moved around?? Not sue why I am curious about that, but I am LOL. I have always wanted to copy that idea. Er....I mean "borrow." ;-) Yup, I'm a no Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving (out of respect for Thanksgiving, but also it gives me more time to procrastinate taking down Halloween)....but, guess it doesn't really matter any more. No Thanksgiving or Christmas of any sort here this year. ~Robin~

marly said...

You would think my house projects would be over and all would be neat and clean since we've been home for MONTHS!! Not the case. Nowhere near. Queen of procrastiNATION I am.

I need to get Bethia on her spool and sew a few other finishes, again, procrastinating. I was thinking about your Christmas collections being released from their hibernation. Not sure I'm even decorating except for some stitched pieces and maybe one small tree. Not into it at all but sure enjoy seeing others.

Jennie in GA said...

I absolutely adore the little tree in your drawer. How can something so simple be so stinking cute??? Love your other finishes as well. Can’t wait to see what you do with your little tree. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

stitchingnana47@gmail.com said...

I need to live next door to you; then maybe I would get something done. I don't think it looks wonky at all; everything is so bloomin' cute. And you are working on 40 ct. cross stitch - be still my heart; there is NO WAY I would even attempt that: none, nada, never!!!! Bless your pea pickin' heart.