Saturday, May 4, 2024

Myrtle Beach ~

Our whirlwind trip to Myrtle Beach is now just a pleasant memory.  We had a great time 💖.  I knew Myrtle Beach was a tourist destination, but didn't imagine how tourist-y it would be.  We were fortunate to have an oceanfront room.  That was one of the best parts of the trip ~ looking out, seeing and hearing the ocean.  Falling asleep to the sound of the waves.  We had great weather, sunny and mid to high 70's.

A beautiful sunrise ~

I thoroughly enjoyed my morning walks on the beach.  I did find some shells, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I was surprised to see all the jellyfish that had washed ashore overnight.  They were simply beautiful but sad to see.


The sandpipers were a hoot to watch running around, pecking in the sand.


We stopped at Warbird Park.





A piece of the World Trade Center from 9-11.


The highlight of my time in Myrtle Beach was the Segway tour we took.  They are just so much fun!!!


More to share next time.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Wonderful they dedicated a park for those who give of themselves to the service of others!
Those jellyfish might look pretty but have you ever been stung by one??? I have and it burns like a SOB. Glad you enjoyed your trip and sure the time share salesman did too, lol.

marly said...

Glad you had a nice time and made it back safely.

acorn hollow said...

sounds nice and looks warm. You have done those tours before. Looks like fun!
Cathy

Julia said...

He and She look pretty cool on those electric scooters. (I'm not sure if that's what you call them.) I would be a little intimidated to get on one.

I love listening to the waves crashing on the shore and the smell of the salt water. It is so relaxing and I love that you share your adventures with us especially when there's not much excitement going on here at the moment.

Enjoy the week and take care. Hugs.
Julia

NMK said...

Looks like a Wonderful getaway to Myrtle Beach ....nothing better than the sand , Ocean & hearing the waves ! The Best place to be !!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, here you are....for some reason new posts from you (and everyone else!) are no longer showing in my reading list. WTH?? Been wondering where you are so I did a google search for your blog and there you are. I unfollowed and re-followed you and hoping that fixes it...even if it does, though, how am I going to do that for everyone?? Anyways, glad you enjoyed your little getaway. The best sleep I ever get is when I can feel waves underneath me or be close enough to hear them. Weird because I cannot swim and have an unnatural fear of water. You and DSO look adorable on those Segways. I've never been on one and with my sense of balance and propensity for accidents, thinking it might not be a good idea. ;-) ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Just looking at that 9/11 memorial gave me the chills. A wonderful park to have visited. Jelly fish scare me. The birds would have been fun to watch though. I had heard Myrtle Beach was busy nowadays. Even Charleston too. So glad you had fun, but me thinks I would have taken a spill if I had rode that Sedgeway. Janice