Sunday, May 19, 2024

Class Projects ~

I really knew nothing about Jyl Robbins when I signed up for her class at Dragonfly on the Lakes, but I was assured I would love her.  I found out that she is well known for teaching how to hook a plaid and for her geometrics.  That is Jyl on the right and a classmate on the left.  Jyl hooked the large geometric runner behind her and the classmate hooked the sunflower rug.


The first two completed mats with the plaid borders were hooked by Jyl.  The pumpkin is sculpted (aka Waldoboro style).


Plaid detail.



Great progress being made!


Another student was hooking a plaid top for a vintage footstool.  All the horizontal rows are hooked with little spaces in between and then you go back and fill in the vertical rows.  I am sure I will never be hooking a plaid.  IT MUST BE HOOKED IN A 3 CUT 😁



More rugs from class . . . 


The log cabin is the cabin that is located at Cedar Lakes.



Hooking her beloved beagle with a basketweave background.


WOW!  Talk about challenging.  She is hooking a crystal bowl and will have the apples show through the bowl.  Some of this is being hooked in a 2 (2/32nd of an inch!!!) cut.


Works in progress by classmates but not being hooked at camp.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

I admire those very narrow cut works but not a pleasurable for me. LOVE that log cabin rug!!!!! I'd be the one in class doing what I could in #8.5, lol.

Julia said...

I'm in awe of the beautiful results of this plaid technique but it looks so tedious. All the rugs are simply amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, hugs.
Julia

WoolenSails said...

I love how she does the plaids, really beautiful with the designs. Looks like a lot of talented ladies in the class. I started with smaller cuts and went to primitive, but I think I do better with the smaller cuts.

Debbie

Maureen said...

WOW! Reading through your beautiful post I kept thinking the words talent, skill, imagination, beauty and lots of wows!! Thank you for sharing this with us

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hmmm...those classmates need to step up their game a bit, don't you think?? JK... Holy YIKES!! I cannot even wrap my head around that type of intense hooking. It is so incredibly beautiful, but tedious and focused. I think I'd be wound up tighter than a 10 cent drum. That plaid technique is just amazing. ~Robin~

NMK said...

Wow !!! What incredible hooking !!! Hooking plaid , Yikes !!! Just amazing work !

acorn hollow said...

Wow great rugs! I do hope you enjoyed your time there.
Cathy

marly said...

Not for beginners!! This looks so intense.