Monday, February 5, 2024

Nothing Short of a Miracle ~

 

After 5+ months, I now have a dishwasher door that is not dented.  I have spent countless hours on the phone or texting with Samsung.  When they scheduled today's service call and assured me the door really was in (I had heard that song & dance before), I did not believe them.  I was sure they were going to cancel once again, but miracle of miracles, they came with a new door panel ~ in the correct stainless finish.  Now, the only issue is that the kickplate, for whatever reason, can't be attached below the door.  ARGH!  Hopefully DSO will be able to come up with a solution.  I do NOT want to deal with Samsung ~ ever again ~ if I can avoid it.  (The cupboards are not yellow as they appear on my monitor.)

My Thanksgiving cactus is confused but beautiful.

I had an order for a coverlet hook pouch, so thought I'd make a few more for vending later in the year.  I am thankful a friend found some coverlet pieces at an estate sale and thought of me.

On a heartbreaking note, my granddog got her wings yesterday.  Last week it was discovered that she had a tumor in her lungs and there was nothing they could do.  She took a sudden turn for the worse yesterday and that painful decision had to be made.  My heart aches for my son and his girlfriend.  Run fast and free, Kali.  I hope Molly is not too mean to you at the Rainbow Bridge 💔

Rudie, as little as he is, still isn't quite done.  I have also been junk journaling daily.  Really enjoying putting pages together and when I think one is done, keep going back and adding more.  My once skinny journal is skinny no longer.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

So sad for your son and girlfriend's dog, we've been there and no easy way to lose a beloved pet.
On a more upbeat topic, your coverlet pouches look great and lucky you to have 'shoppers' who look out for your needs/wants. And congrats on the dishwasher door, why can't they put in a kickplate? It looks unfinished without it. Now you're down to one issue needing a fix ~ the refund for PQ&P.

NMK said...

I'm so sorry for your son and his girlfriend too ....the heart ache of loosing our pets can be unbearable .
Finally your dishwasher is complete ! That was just crazy .
Love your coverlet purses , so pretty !
Your journal looks fascinating , just want to peak inside !!! Fun things !!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Ugh, dealing with repairs is stressful! Hopefully it is truly repaired. Love the coverlet purses

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....so very sorry to read about Kali. My heart hurts for your son and his gf. You just dog sat her recently, didn't you? While there is some comfort in knowing it wasn't prolonged, it's just another "at least" that doesn't ease the heartache unfortunately. Yay on getting the door issue resolved...boo on the kickplate. Three winters and counting and I still don't have a fireplace. And even if I am EVER successful in having them fix/replace it, I will be facing the daunting task of getting the custom surround replaced. I am so pissed I hesitate to even think about it. Sweet coverlet pouches...When I went down the lane, I took my paisley pouch with me and everyone gushed over it. Like Nancy, I just want to look inside your journal...except I'd be doing much more than peeking! ~Robin~

Julia said...

You win a medal for perseverance and patience with the dishwasher issue. I'm so glad that you finally got the proper door. I'm sure DSO will be able to put a kick plate in for you.


I feel bad about Kali and for your son and girlfriend. Every time someone loses a pet it reminds me of the pain of losing my own pets. It always brings back sad memories.

You have the best friends who look out for you. The coverlet pouches are so lovely.

Take care and stay well my friend.
Hugs,
Julia

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

So sorry to hear about your grand pup ~ it is never easy to say goodbye ❤️‍🩹
Your coverlet pouches are adorable! And useful too.
I have as looking through my junk journal supplies yesterday, I have a lot of papers to go through!

acorn hollow said...

So very sorry about the sweet dog it is always heart wrenching.
Yahoo on the door I forgot about lol but you didn't
your journal looks great and it seems you are enjoying the process.
Cathy

marly said...

So sorry to read about Kali. Thank goodness she had a loving family to ease her suffering.