Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Heart Rugs ~

 

With all the heart rugs that Saundra and Sue posted, I thought I needed to jump on the bandwagon.  I didn't realize I had this many.  Are there more rugs with hearts?  Just maybe.

Only the second thing I hooked back in 2005.  At that time I would draw up simple little designs because I was to cheap to purchase a pattern.


Key to My Olde Heart, a pattern by Red House Wool Studio, hooked in 2015.  I believe I changed the word LOVE to 1803, the year Ohio became a state.


My Garden, a pattern by Woolen Memories hooked in 2017.  I don't consider this a heart rug, but there are a couple hearts in it 😁


Old Hearts, an antique reproduction hooked in 2018.  The pattern was purchased from the Old Tattered Flag.


Wonky Love Hearts, a pattern by Jo Wick (find her on Facebook under Jo's Folk Art Fibers or simply Jo Wick) was hooked in 2021.

Also hooked in 2021 is True Hearts by Winter Cottage Studio.  The pattern can be found on etsy.  Oh, the blues are so much prettier in person!


In 2023 I took a needle felting class with good friend Heidi.  We hooked the mat before class and added the felting on top of the hooked piece.


Stuffed hearts also hooked in 2023.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren


5 comments:

Saundra said...

You do have a lot of hearts. So guess you are done hooking them for this year? I'm getting ready to go back and hook more rabbits, and had another order for one.

NMK said...

Oh I Love your Heart rugs too !!! And I hope when Sandy opens back up to get the pattern you hooked too . All the small hearts you did are so pretty , the display with your beautiful white plates & blue borders make my heart sing ! Just love those !!! Loved this post !!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

nice assortment of hooked hearts! such a happy motif for anytime of the year!
I agree with Cranky, love your stuffed hearts most of all :)

marly said...

Love your stuffed hearts. Love!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I certainly "<3" the heart rugs! <3 <<<that's supposed to be a heart like the kids text to one another -- lol -- I love to see all those precious heart rugs and hearts you have created. You are so talented! My mother could hook rugs (Depression-era necessity) -- she could point out exactly which garment each color came from. Even in Louisiana, there was a lot of wool suits and blankets back in the day.