Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Crazy Busy . . . Once Again

Happy Flag Day.  God Bless America!

I never envisioned being this busy in retirement 😮  I thought I would have plenty to keep me occupied, but had no idea life could be this busy.  I was going to hook for hours a day and have plenty of free time.  HA!  I am not complaining, but I wish things would slow down a bit.  I know, I could slow them down . . . but I guess I choose not to.  Between now and July, I only have 4 days without something already on the schedule.  My niece from Chicago is stopping by today and tomorrow, Friday and Saturday it's the Twenty Dollar Hookers and Sunday will be spent in Detroit (about 2 1/2 hours away).  

I have finally been pulling a few loops!!!  Treetop Birds, an antique adaptation, has only the border left.

Little snowguy will be cut out and attached to an old pelt stretcher board.


And finally last night needed a no brainer so worked on a pumpkin with hand torn strips.


If I am going to get my walk in this morning, I'd better get my rear in gear.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Julia said...

Happy Flag Day.

You're something like me. Busy as ever before and I'm not pulling loops. Your rugs are all beautiful. Somehow we get it all done but I'm looking to slower days too.

I'm going back to the garden pulling weeds before I can plant. No time to leisurely rest and read a book.

Take care and pull sone loops.

Hugs my patriotic friend.
Julia

Saundra said...

Yeah, self-inflicted for sure. There must be some reward to you or you wouldn't continue to work like that. All three projects look great and the scrolls on the first rug look awesome.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

The Treetop Birds is exceptional- I love the colours and design. I’ve heard that about retirement. I work pt and I don’t know what hubby and I would do if I worked ft. We’d be running errands all weekend that’s sure.

Prims By The Water said...

We are about 45 min from Detroit. Drive safe. Loving all of you latest hooking projects! Happy Flag Day! Long may she wave and lets hope things change for this country. Its such a mess. Janice

acorn hollow said...

Have fun! Love your rug I am busy this month but not sure for here on in.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

As I said, you are a glutton for punishment Sista. And even with all the balls you juggle, you get a HECK of a lot more hooking (and other things) done than I do. Love the treetop birds (why don't I remember this one?) and the snow fella...and, well, you know pumpkins are a given. You have such a hooking gift. ~Robin~ (And, yes, Happy Flag Day...long may she wave.)

WoolenSails said...

I know the feeling, it seems I have more to do and less time, but then again, I was younger when I could do it all, lol. The rug is beautiful, love the wool choices.

Debbie