Wednesday, June 28, 2023

75th Jubilee ~

About a dozen members of the 1966 8th grade class of St. Joseph School took a little road trip to visit our 2nd and 8th grade teacher, Sister Marian Coughlin.  We knew her as Sister Mary St. Patrick, but at some point Notre Dame nuns were able to revert to their given name.  This is the third time we have visited in the last five years.  She just celebrated her 75th Jubilee (75 years of being a nun) and is turning 95 next month.  She doesn't hear too well but she is still sharp as a tack!

The guy behind her is the one who has organized our get togethers.  The lady to the right is Sister Valerie, who was one of our classmates, and just celebrated her 50th Jubilee.




If anyone would like to send Sister Marian a card (her birthday is July 19) I will be happy to send you her snail mail address.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

I'd say you WERER a wonderful Catholic! Am sure she was happy to have her students remember her. You just got another gold star.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yup...you be the good one. She looks like such a sweetie. Yes, send me your addy please. ~Robin~

marly said...

Yes! Would love to, please send. We should mention you so she understands how these strangers know her birthday?? LOL!!

Prims By The Water said...

What a nice celebration and surprise. I bet she was so appreciative of you all being there. I did not know you went to catholic school. So did I for elementary only. Yes send me her addy as well. Janice

Jane said...

I would be delighted to send a card!

NMK said...

Happy 95 years old !!! You made her Birthday very special ! My hubby went to Catholic schools.
You get a Very Shinny Gold Star !!!

Julia said...

Yes, you get a gold star indeed. How did I miss this post? Robin's comment got the best of my curiosity so here I am...

What a sweetie she looks like. I too went to school with Catholic nuns but one of them was a little off the beaten path. Not saintly at all. I think she had mental problems as she was a pincher who pinched when she was pleased and pinched when she was displeased. Pinched, pinched, and pinched. I don't think she was teacher material. So much so that my older brother didn't want to go to school, the poor dear.

Happy Anniversary to the sweet sister. Hugs.
Julia