Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Miss Molly ~

Dear friend Laura gifted me a butterfly bush named Miss Molly.  I get all teary seeing it in the yard.  What a thoughtful gift.  Butterfly bushes are pretty finicky in northern Ohio so I hope she thrives.


I had a rose bush die over the winter so it was the perfect spot for her.
 

And here she is starting to bloom 💘   Lousy picture but beautiful color in person.  I really need to invest in some mulch!

The little stinker is never far from my mind 💔  One of my favorite pictures!  "Pug sit" always cracked me up!


And another picture.  Shortly after she adopted me.


A few more pics from around the yard.
I never planted sunpatiens before, so hopefully they will fill in nicely.






Perennial geranium is taking over but so pretty while in full bloom!


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

What a special gift , hope it turns into a wonderful beauty ! Love these pictures of Miss Molly ... she did her job very well , she broke your heart into pieces , True Love

Prims By The Water said...

What a sweet tribute! I dont cut back my butterfly bush until Spring and it grows great here. Good luck with yours. Janice

Saundra said...

What a gorgeous bloom on the butterfly bush and appropriately named. What a special gift she gave a friend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

What an amazingly thoughtful - and perfect - gift from Laura! I am willing that little plant to flourish and return year after year.... Your yard is just INCREDIBLE!!! I'm going to have to extend my visit by another week - one to wander your gardens and one to drool over your indoors. And, yes...each new season brings new memories, no? ~Robin~

Sue Swank said...

What a lovely gesture. It's going to be so pretty in your gardens.

Julia said...

Awe, what a sweet and thoughtful friend, Laura is. I sure hope that the Molly Butterfly bush thrives in your garden. I know how you loved that little pug.

I started a few Butterfly Bushes from seeds when the kids were young and I transplanted them by the big rock and they were doing really well. Then one day my young son, Vaughan came in and told me, "Mom I saw some big weeds by the big rock flowerbed and I pulled them out for you". What could I say? To this day, I don't think that I told him that he had pulled my Butterfly bushes. lol...

I hope that you get some rain. We've been having rain showers on and off but not much accumulation. Mostly a fine drizzle. I long for the sun so we can plant our veggies.

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful gift I hope it does well for you
Cathy

marly said...

Good golly Miss Molly. What a thoughtful and touching gift. I hope it survives winter and thrives. Such beautiful gardens and displays, so much work. Worth it! Love those photos of your girl, the crock should be on a card.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Miss Molly lives on. What a kind friend you have. Lucy dog has been gone a year and a half and we continue to pine for her. Your flowers are amazing. Wow. I plant mine tomorrow; it’s been too cold and rainy until now.