Sunday, January 30, 2022

Getting Close ~

 

Good Sunday to one and all.  I hope this finds you warm and safe!  I cannot imagine the 2+ feet of snow some areas of the east have gotten.  Even in Florida there are freeze and frost warnings.  My brother and his DSO are currently in Naples and it was 37* this morning.  I told them to watch out for falling lizards 😁

I am getting very close on Ole Jack and I am truly loving him!!!  So outside of my comfort zone.  I never would have put those background wools together.  Thank you Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs for convincing me that I really could do this.


I think we all need to take this to heart.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

Your rug is beautiful ! And what a perfect saying !!!! Happy Hooking !!!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Ole Jack is incredible! An instant antique. Very nice.
We got 10 inches in Atlantic Canada and were grateful not to lose power as the gusts got pretty bad

Saundra said...

I think Jack is quite a handsome fella despite his antique years, lol. Lot of truth to that quote. Am also thankful I didn't lose power and the snow didn't meet the expected accumulation.

Julia said...

Ole Jack is stunningly handsome. I'm happy for you that you are so pleased that you hooked him. You really did a great job with the colors.

The saying is right, none of us is getting out of here alive. We need to enjoy life and I would add we need to pray more.

We got between 8 and 10 inches of drifting snow in this storm. It could have been a lot worst.

Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

Loving your horse, you should be so proud of it!!! Yes right we are not getting out alive.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I keep thinking ole jack is a pumpkin, until I see the horse again...which I absolutely love. So glad you went out of your comfort zone for this one. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Maybe so out of your comfort zone, but so incredibly beautiful. ❤️ I hope you have an awesome place to display him so he has a place of honor. Well, no problem with the "be weird" 🤪 ~et~

denise said...

I'm in middle Tennessee at my daughter's and we only got flurries.

Farm Girl said...

I love Jack too. How nice for someone to pick colors for you. I wish I could do rugs like that. The granny rug is outside of my comfort zone. But it is nice once in a while. I am glad you didn't get that crazy snow too.
I hope you have a wonderful new week.