Wednesday, January 19, 2022

More on the Wool Dyeing~

As I mentioned in the previous post, I knew the colors in the picture were not accurate.  No matter where I moved the wool and no matter the light, I could not get an accurate depiction of the colors.  I was just trying to show the different saturation levels of the dye pots.  The most intense color could best be described as eggplant, so yes, that wool has a lot of purple in it.  The subsequent dye pots did come out red.  Pots #2 & #3 are a red I love and could use on a regular basis.  Unfortunately, when following a recipe, I do not measure precisely, so doubt I could ever replicate the color.

I took this picture of hearts hooked from dye pots #2 & #3.  The color is showing pretty accurately on my monitor but that doesn't mean it will show that way on yours.  Ironically after taking this picture, I moved the uncut wool to the exact same location, exact same lighting, and the colors were totally wrong.  I just don't understand 😦  The wools from dye pot #4 (not shown) is what I would consider a faded red.

Next post I will finally post about my Granny rug!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I cannot get true colours from my phone either. I imagine vendors selling wools on the internet struggle with this too.

Julia said...

Yay for getting red colors that you love and use on a regular basis. The unfinished baby blanket I showed on my last post is totally wrong too. I took that picture at night with my cell phone and it came out dingy. We know you speak the truth, Lauren and we believe you.

Here's to the next showing of your Granny D. rug. Looking forward to seeing it.

Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

It isn't easy getting true colors , cloudy days sometimes are the best days to take pictures ....Love your hearts & they look like a perfect prim red to me !

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...Now those reds are the perfect reds! ❤️ ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Well it looks pretty wonderful from here!
cathy

Farm Girl said...

I still like the colors you were able to get. I was trying to dye green today, I got red and brown. I will try again tomorrow.
It looks great to me though.

Prims By The Water said...

Well dont judge yourself too hard, I like the reds. Janice