Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Stitching in Millersburg ~

Miller(sburg) time is always a good time, and my weekend retreat did not disappoint.  So much talent gathered in one room.  There were hookers, cross stitchers, needle punchers and one friend working on redwork . . . but in blue.  Sorry I did not get a picture of that.  Here is just a sampling of what was being worked in.


Jo punches so close together you would never know this is the back side!






This was being hooked with hand dyed chenille.  Oh, what a mess that makes, but such a soft look.





I worked on The Poser for the first time since my class in June.  I got just a bit done on the left wing, hooked the leaves and stems and worked some on the flowers.

Vending went well.  I just never know what to expect.  Five of my six applique pumpkins on antique coverlets sold, but not even one hooked piece 😟.  Oh well, oh hell!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Agree there was MUCH TALENT in that room. I've not needlepunched in years and when I tried to get close what normally happened is that I'd capture a thread previously punched and push it out the other side making a $#! mess. There's LOTS of eye candy there for sure and bet you had a great time and hope you brought home a bag-O-$.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful work and I do love Jo's punching, that is beautiful on both sides.

Debbie

Julia said...

Your Poser looks great. Your hooking is always top-notch.
Sorry, you didn't sell any of your hooked pumpkins. That surprises me too. It may be that they are looking for something different like your coverlet applique. At least you had a great time getting away for the weekend.

Take care
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Poser is going to be done before you know it....and it is going to be AHHHmazing of course. Wow...some beautiful pieces being worked on there, but "Snow Angel" leaped off the screen at me. Cat was inspired to do that pattern based on a folk art piece of mine. I love it. And that punching is remarkable.... Funny, but I always make an effort to make sure my punching isn't too close...otherwise it "rolls"....I have the same issue with hooking. I'm a packer I guess...among other things. ~et~

acorn hollow said...

love your poser! Some great talent
Cathy

Rose said...

Hi, is there a pattern available for the Crow, pumpkin and cat rug? Thanks for the pictures!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What a blast that must have been! And so inspiring! I find people are hesitant to spend money lately. Perhaps it’s due to uncertainty of the times cuz there’s certainly not a problem with your handiwork

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW What a great group and time! Carmen and I have started collecting wools and design for Kris Miller's workshop in Franklin in October. My first retreat in eons! Am so excited, will be great to be with creative, talented people! Wish you were coming

NMK said...

Wow ....beautiful pieces being worked on ! Love everyone's color choices , they are so pretty . Sorry you didn't sell a single pumpkin though ....Just fun to be with a group of talented woman having lots of fun !!!

Jo said...

It definitely was a great weekend! I came home inspired & motivated after being in a room with so much talent! So good to be with you again & I’ll look forward to the next event!

Prims By The Water said...

What Poser is not finished yet? Just giving you a head time. Many talented folks and that snowman made me smile. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

Your rug is coming along nicely. Just love that pretty Rebekah Smith wool applique. And tge chenille is interesting and new to me. Glad covid didn’t keep you from having your event,