Saturday, August 7, 2021

A Walk Around the Yard ~

Really not much to blog about, so here are some pictures I took today in the yard.  It was overcast so some of the pictures are quite blah.  With all the rain we have had this summer (yippee) the gardens have gone crazy.  Now we desperately need some rain.  Today was the first day I spent watering perennials.

My sweet mom had purchased this metal wheelbarrow for me many years ago at a yard sale.  



A little sunflower that has gone crazy.  


I can't say enough good things about the Bubblegum petunia.  It has grown like crazy and it was just from two 5" pots.  I will definitely look for it again next year.


A sunflower started from seed.


I have no idea what this giant flower is.  (I don't have a plant identifier ap.  I really need one!)  It is about 7'-8' tall.  From a friend.


It has the coolest flower.



One of the few annuals I actually have planted in the ground.  Other than in pots, wagon, wheelbarrow, etc., I avoid annuals.


Once again the little sunflower plant and black eyed Susans.  If you need any Susans, I have plenty to spare . . . 😁


Thanks so much for joining me on the tour.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

14 comments:

stitchingnana47@gmail.com said...

YOUR FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL! I THINK YOUR UNIDENTIFIED GUY MAY BE TICKSEED BUT COULD BE WRONG - THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING; HOW GORGEOUS!!!

Sue Swank said...

Your yard looks amazing. I love the wagon.

acorn hollow said...

your gardens are unbelievably beautiful! that plant almost looks like a cone flower but mine do not grow that tall and I have never seen yellow mostly pink and white.
I hope your DSO is healing and doing well.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I couldn't believe that the sunflower was as tall as the street lamp! All your flowers are beautiful and only wish my yard looked like that ~ but I don't put in the work you do so that's why it doesn't. Nice old wheelbarrow for sure!!!!!

Julia said...

Those tall flowers look like a variety of tall coreopsis. My grandmother had some growing in the front of her house when I was a kid and they grew to about 7 feet high.

Your bubblegum petunia is just amazing. You need to get more than two plants next spring. They are attention-grabbing for sure. Your flower gardens are spectacular and I'm sure they will look even more spectacular next year. If only we didn't have to weed. My gardens change every year. I lose some and add new ones and some I just get rid of them if they become invasive.

Enjoy the new weekend.
Hugs,
Julia

marly said...

That's a lot of work to keep everything so well tended and pretty. Beautiful displays.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Now that is a show-stopper yard. Gorgeous, and homey, too. I love all the different heights and the layered look you achieved. And the wheelbarrow planting is just fantastic!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your yard is GORGEOUS!!! Ahem....don't EVER want to hear you saying I have the green thumb. Love your sunflowers...I used to have volunteers planted by the chippers and birds, but haven't had any these past several years...don't know where they found the seeds, but I had some gorgeous burgandy colored ones one year. Guess I'll have to plant them myself if I want any more. I am DEFINITELY going to be looking for some of those petunias next year....I think I looked last year but no one had t hem or even knew what I was talking about. (It's Nod ya know). Your mystery flowers are coreopsis...or false sunflowers. I have a patch by the fence around the pool.... And, yeah, I have black-eyed Susies gone wild here too...very painful for someone who really doesn't care for yellow.... ~et~ (yeah, I'm back....Blogger messaged me a few days ago saying my "issue" had been fixed... Haven't checked to see if I can change my gadgets and layout yet...don't want to be disappointed so soon after a happy thing....)

Prims By The Water said...

Your yellow flower looks like a yellow echinacea to me. Any hoot love all of your flowers, especially that bubblegum petunia! Great find in the wheelbarrow too! Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

Oh I had to come back and comment on the blue bottle tree! WOW! Now that is such a fun and quirky touch!!!

Jennie in GA said...

My plant identifier says Cutleaf Coneflower. Your flowers are gorgeous. The rains this year have been a pleasant change. Like you, we could use a little now.

NMK said...

Just beautiful !!!!

Farm Girl said...

I love walks around your yard!! Wow!! everything is going crazy this year. It is so nice to see how many flowers you have this year. Have a wonderful day.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Beautiful gardens