Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Nurse Ratched Update ~

I keep forgetting to give you a quick little update on DSO's surgery.  Day 5 post op seemed to be the turnaround day.  A few days after that he figured out how he was able to pick up dog poop 😁 and tie his shoes.  MAJOR events that lessened my nursing duties.  Whew!  I really wasn't cut out to be a nurse.  All was well at his first post op appointment and he is driving and doing most of what he did pre surgery ~ without the pain.  Thanks for all your prayers and for all the emails checking to see how he was doing.

I am hooking, but nary a loop has been pulled on The Poser since class in June.  I am trying to get a few things made to sell at an upcoming vending opportunity.  Here they are in various stages of completion.

I thought I would primitively applique a few pumpkins and attach to old coverlet pieces.  This is my first attempt. They will just be finished as a mat to throw on the table.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

Happy to hear your DSO is doing well !!! Love all your pretty items to sell ! I have worn your wonderful heart necklace hoping someone would say I Need That Too , but not yet ...They just say its cute . :-(

Saundra said...

Glad your private nursing duties are over. Sadly I'd never make a good nurse either, as voiced by my ex after his rotor cuff surgery. Hope you do well vending so you can spend that money on wool before you leave the event, lol.

Prims By The Water said...

Love them all! Hope you do well vending. So glad FSO is doing better! Janice

Julia said...

Your sunflowers are just so lovely and your pumpkins. I know they will sell well. I'm so glad that your DSO is back to his normal routine and that you are off the hook as far as nursing him goes. I'm sure he's very thankful for your care.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad to hear DSO is healing well... Probably a good thing you aren't a stellar nurse....he may have decided to milk your services a bit longer. Ohhhhh....punkins n sunflowers.... LOVE them!! You do them so amazingly well. Doubtless will be a huge hit at the show. Looking forward to seeing your applique mats finished up....bet they will be equally wonderful. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

So glad DSO's appointment went well. you are busy as usual. I hope you do well with your vending. Are you going to Saunder? One of these days I will get there.
Cathy

coke said...

Cute things to sell. Where is this vending being done?? Happy for you your nursing duties are about done and for DSO that he got rid of the pain....Sandi

Jennie in GA said...

Glad to hear DSO is progressing nicely. Back surgery is no easy thing. Love all of your new projects. Hope your event goes on. The idea of going back to masks and things closing down again just makes me ill. The game keeps changing and I don’t want to play anymore.

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad he is doing so much better. Your things you are making are just wonderful! I love them so much.
Have a great weekend.