Friday, August 20, 2021

Cluck Ewe ~

I made my annual trek to Sauder Village today.  It is rug week.  Classes, workshops, gallery talks and so much more.  One of these years I am going to go for more than a day.  The rug show is nothing like you've ever seen.  SO MUCH talent in one room. Hundreds of rugs.  It is absolutely amazing to experience. 

Crooked River Rug Hookers had a rug challenge for the show.  "All Things Chicken" could be whatever you wanted it to be . . . just so somehow it was chicken related.  There were no restrictions as to size, materials used, etc.  Sadly though many initially showed enthusiasm, only seven of us participated.  I think because of our limited number of hooked pieces, we were relegated to an area facing a wall where the lighting wasn't very good.  Kudos to CRRH member Rita for organizing this.




Here is my little rug.  I half expected it to be pulled from the show for offending someone.  I mean, we must be so politically correct 😬  It was a paper pattern I found on Facebook many years ago by a designer called Thought Blossoms.


I have many rugs to share in the coming days.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

13 comments:

stitchingnana47@gmail.com said...

OH, LAUREN, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT SAUDER AND FINALLY "YOU" MENTIONED STUFF!!! CHICKENS ARE WONDERFUL AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR MANY MORE POSTS!

Sharon E said...

Love your rug!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yours is the very best!! And I mean that most sincerely. I do like the one below it....and the rooster with the little white background too.... I, too, am looking forward to seeing more of your visual treats. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I love your chicken rug! Glad you got to go. One of these days I want to get there.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I think yours is sweet and glad it didn't offend anyone (I edited what I was really going to say about offending). Like everyone else, am really looking forward to the rest of the show.

coke said...

LOVE YOUR RUG!!! I am so glad you got there so I can see the photos...Sandi

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

A small but mighty display. And it may spur others to do similar projects.
I love the colours in yours best.

Julia said...

The display may be small but beautiful. Everyone has his own vision and style and every one unique. You know how I love roosters and used to collect them years ago. I love their majestic plumage.

Your rug is adorable and every loop is just so perfect. I'm so glad that you were able to go to Sauder even though it was just for a day. Looking forward to seeing more of the rug pictures.
Thanks for sharing all these talents with us.
Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

Love your Chicken Rug !!!What a thrill to see you rug there !!! I have seen some posts for Sauder on FB and there are some unbelievable rugs ! Has to be so amazing to go there . Lucky you could go even for one day ! Old Tattered Flag has posted some wonderful rugs on FB ....

Prims By The Water said...

Love your rug and so glad the rug hookers are not woke yet! Janice

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

I just love your rug!!!! That is one place I want to go to one day. Sounds like a great show. Have a great day!

Jennie in GA said...

Have always figured going to Sauder was like dying and going to rug hooking Heaven. Lucky you to be close enough to attend. That little rug is so you🤣🤣🤣I just love it. The other rugs in the challenge aren’t shabby either.

Farm Girl said...

I would love to go there someday. You know I saw your rug. I never saw anything wrong with it. It wasn't until you said you were afraid it would get pulled. I had to go back and look at it again and then I got it.
I think that is hilarious. I hope you got to meet up with your friends.