Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Hookers' Protest ~


Thursday I am off for the 3rd annual hooking retreat in Millersburg, OH.  (Edited . . . I forgot to mention it is for FOUR days.)  Since even small gatherings are discouraged and frowned upon, friend Lynn who put it all together is calling it a hookers' protest, since thousands can protest and that seems to be OK.  (Am I being politically incorrect once again?)

I am not taking anything too exciting to work on.  I will bind the mat for the footstool.  I should finish the border on the Tree of Life this evening and will take that to bind, too.  I was just going to put two rows of red . . . 


. . . but now in looking at the picture, I am leaning towards three.  Opinions, please!


Also planning on taking a couple little fall pieces to work on.  Like I said, nothing too exciting and no brainer kind of stuff.

In the last couple of days, the crickets have started chirping like crazy.  To me, that is a harbinger of fall :(

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Julia said...

Yay for you. I hope you have fun with your hooker's protest.
I like a frame around my rugs so I think a third row will be better. I just love those colors.
Stay safe and happy.
Hugs, Julia

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Protest for me as well! We had to cancel the hookin in Gatlinburg, TN this year and I'm still mourning it.

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you are getting to do a get together. I like a hooker's protest. I love your rugs always. Have fun.
You always choose such colors.

acorn hollow said...

Well enjoy I am very jealous. Come on Fall I can not wait!
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yippeee!!! Have a blast at the protest, but bring your mask along...you know, just in case you want to get crazy with cans of spray paint or something...... ;-) (Yes, this from your equally politically incorrect twin).... I vote for a 3rd row too!!! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun at your protest, afterall no one who protests seem to get covid...so you are safe. The news NEVER reports any of them getting it. Its just the bars and beaches where crowds gather that you can get it. Don't get me started....Janice

Saundra said...

I agree with THREE rows. Hey, I'd planned to go to Cape May IF they had it and would have taken a mask. Sadly they shut it down. So GO but as your twin (good or bad?) sister said, take your mask.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hookers Protest--I love it! I agree thousands can gather and burn public blogs and destroy property but a small gathering is prohibited. You go girl! If you want to throw tea in the harbor, I'll help you. Your hooking is so pretty

Jennie in GA said...

Three rows. I hope you can relax and have so much fun at the protest. I can sense that you really need this event.

moosecraft said...

You go girl!!!! I like the way you think!!!
Yes....3 rows for the border.
Crickets started here too....and yes....I'm thinking autumn is on it's way.

marly said...

Three! Have fun!!

NMK said...

Three Rows looks great ! Have Fun at your Hook In !!!! As long as you don't protest in your Birthday Suit , you will be Fine !!!

Kavita Pheerangee said...


Hi everyone. I saw comments from people who already got their loan from challot and then I decided to apply under their recommendations and just few hours ago I confirmed in my own personal bank account a total amount of $30,000 which I requested for. This is really a great news and I am advising everyone who needs real loan to apply through their email (challotloan@gmail.com) I am happy now that i have gotten the loan I requested