Sunday, July 26, 2020

Almost Heaven ~


 ~HOOKER HEAVEN ~

We are known as the Twenty Dollar Hookers and just spent three + days hooking in Millersburg, Ohio.  Friendship.  Laughter.  Lots of laughter.  I laughed more in the last few days than I have in the last 6 months.  

As usual, I took very few pictures.  Here are a couple rugs being worked on.  

Tammy's antique sheep.  Pattern by the Wool'n Gardner.  This pattern is HUGE!


Melissa's rug.  Pattern by Red Barn Rugs and started in a class with Cathy Stephan.


Tanya's completed antique sheep pattern.


She is an over achiever :)  The next two rugs are also hers.



Lee's fun rug.



Heidi needle felted the snake about an inch high.  I love that green against the white and black.



Another of Heidi's rugs.


This statue was in front of the courthouse near the hotel.  I thought we should try to topple it with wool . . . lol.  When I told my boys I was attending a hookers' protest, my younger son told me to make sure we broke a few windows and burned a police car or two so that people would believe it's a peaceful protest.  Out of the mouths of babes . . . but this babe is 39 years old :)


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Wow lucky you ! I am missing my hooking friends.
Some great pieces were being worked on.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Like Cathy said....I'm missing my hooking friends at camps too. Wonder what will happen to the November rug camp since that is the 'normal' flu season. The noodle rug is fun, the reclining sheep rugs are beautiful and yes it is HUGE. As it is an antique, when I get ready to hook it I'll draw my own and in a smaller size.

Farm Girl said...

I think that sounds like such a fun time. I am so glad you got to go. You needed this. The rugs are fantastic. I like what your son said. Its all true. I am so glad here in Ca. People are starting to fight back. Quietly, but not accepting the lies anymore. I get my wool today. I am so excited. So glad you had a nice time,

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you could finally attend a rug camp and be with other rug hooking friend-depraved women. Laughter was barreled up for so long, it must have been great medicine for everyone.
The rugs are all lovely. I had a good chuckle over the barrel of wool worms.
I hope that you are feeling renewed.
Take care and stay safe.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Wow ...the rugs are beautiful !!! And Fun !!! Had to be wonderful to be with a great group of hookers !!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Laughter is so good for the soul! Am so glad you went on the protest retreat and a great time. Your son shows real wisdom! The rugs are all fabulous!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok, Sis...spill: The Twenty Dollar Hookers??? You guys that cheap?? You're getting as bad as Saundra with your teases. ;-) Seriously loving that antique sheep rug...and yeah...she is a big-time overachiever.... Love the felted snake too. Glad you got some good r&r in...and didn't destroy anything...might have taken a while to do it with wool....just saying. ~Robin~

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like you had a good tie and it is nice to get out with friends again.
Love all the rugs, lots of unique and fun designs.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful rugs! Glad you are having a great time at your protest! Janice

moosecraft said...

Very happy for you that you were able to get out among woolly peeps! The rugs pictured are gorgeous and very creative! I still continue to limit how much news I listen to each day... so many conflicting reports and so very scary... trying to find a sense of normalcy here.

stitchingnana47@gmail.com said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU; LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN; GOOD FOR YOU GALS!!!!!!!!

Jennie in GA said...

Aren’t we happy for Hooker friends and smart a— kids....lol.

kstehens100 said...

I really like Tanya's floral rug in tie blog post. Do you know where I could purchase the pattern?
Thanks, Kat