Monday, July 13, 2020

Fini ~


Chilly is done ~ except for the label.  I'm not sure why it took me almost two weeks to bind and sew on the buttons for the mouth.  I will blame it on my funk.  Yes!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  


To attach the star, I used a dab of E6000 glue and some twine.  I then used a double knot on the backside of the mat to hold in place.  It's the best way I could think of.  Anyone have a better idea?


Just over a week ago I went to the Chinese Market.  Darn.  There I go being politically incorrect once again.  It was the rescheduled Vintage Market.  The majority of the items were from China and definitely not vintage.  Of course I did find a couple vintage items to come home with me.  I have so many picnic baskets like this.  One of these days I will hook a little mat for the top of each and give them as gifts.  Probably when hell freezes over :)  Well, this little cutie is just 9" wide and 4" tall.  Too cute.  Not sure what I will do with it.


Also found this 2 gallon crock.  Nothing special but for $12 it was worth bringing home.


Last week went to a shop called Useful Junk, about 45 minutes south of me.  For many years I would pass it and never stopped.  A few years ago I finally stopped and what a fun little shop.  Kind of hit or miss but great prices.  I found a wooden footstool.  I will hook a mat for the top . . . soon . . . and give as a birthday present.  The recipient was to receive the mermaid cross stitch piece, but I am so disgusted with it I haven't touched it in weeks.

Patti ~ a new rug hooker left me a few comments, but I can't respond to her directly since she is a no reply-comment blogger.  I must say, I like the way you think :)  Have you found Saundra's blog?  She is a great one to answer any newbie questions you may have.

That's about it.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

15 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh my gosh!! I love that little basket! I haven't been out antiqueing or anything since early March....now I'm stuck in the house until the kitchen is finished...I'm dying to go to an antique store!!!! Love your rug...he is a cutie!!

Julia said...

Your Mr. Chill rug looks great and I love that little basket. I had so many beautiful baskets but had to get rid of a lot because I wanted to have them to put things in them and use them as decorations. Now that they are gone I don't miss them. I still have too many.

Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Mr. Chill turned out great your innovation worked perfectly.
You could hook something small or perhaps pull out your needle punch (if you do that) and put your hook and other rug hooking supplies inside.
Hope Patti can figure out how to solve her No-reply blogger issue as I'd not be able to answer her questions personally either.

NMK said...

I Love small baskets like yours & have a few to keep threads or calico scraps inside. The hooked matt it is sitting on is neat too ! Mr Chill is great !!!

acorn hollow said...

your hooked mat is so cute. You got some goodies I haven't been to a market or a sale in so long. I also have a pile to get rid of so I guess nothing else should come in.
Cathy

Simply Quaint said...

Absolutely adorable Lauren.....I wondered about vintage market glad I didn’t trudge that far I would of been disappointed......I love baskets I have an obsession about them lol.....a fun footstool that’s another obsession I have lol......fun finds

Have a great week.......

❤️

Prims By The Water said...

Chilly is a sweet fella! We were suppose to head down this Thursday to Southern Ohio for our semi-annual buying trip, but chose to stay away from large crowds right now. I wish covid was over already. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Be still my heart.... I have a "thing" for old picnic baskets like this and have a small collection...but I have never ever seen one this wee!!! Wondering what to do with it???? Sell it to me Silly!!! (You're welcome...what are twins for??) Mr. Chilly is so very dapper....and must be British with his very proper and impeccable loops. ;-) I think you solution for attaching the star is very clever and workable. Only other idea I would have is to dril two small holes in it (like a button, ya know?) and then attach it that way. But as soon as that crossed my mind, I realized it is probably resin vs. wood, eh?? And, of course, very curious about your footstool project. Stay sane....stay you ~Your Lovable Twin~ ;-)

WoolenSails said...

That is a cute rug and the added touches are perfect.
I am staying away from antique thrifts, lol. I need to have a yard sale, way too much stuff.
Your finds are nice though, I do like the idea of getting some large old crocks to put my smaller trees in.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

Mr. Chilly is great. And you find the best treasures. Nice to get out a little bit to help with the funk. Be safe. I am anxious to hear what our Governor will have to say today

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love your treasures. I love your rug too. You did a great job on it.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great finds, Chilly turned out awesome. I bought a crock at antique shop and rolled up rugs and put inside--could also do this with little quilts.

woolwoman said...

love your snowman finish ! he's so fun. I had to do some back blog reading - lots of stuff going on and I agree - we need a 2020 do-over - so much canceled /postponed. I have a rug workshop with Carrie Martin next month which is local and I sure would like to go because I have been on vacation previous years she has done this local workshop. Let's keep hooking! Mel

Donna said...

Your Mr. Chill is adorable....what size is he? Great little picnic basket and will be even sweeter with a hooked mat for the cover. Great crock.
So many things to like on this blog....enjoy your week....till next time. Donna

moosecraft said...

Mr. Chill is awesome! Love the buttons for his smile! Great solution to the star...the only other idea would be to drill two holes and attach same way (button-ish)? Anyways...great basket and crock (classics of which no one can have too many of). :-)
We've had a couple of huge "craft" shows that no longer exist because folks got tired of "made in China" that you can find all over the place.
Hope you are enjoying Summer! At least the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming!