Thursday, January 30, 2020

It's Not the Destination ~ It's the Journey



I think that's my cross stitch motto.  I love the stitching part, but not the finishing part.  The last stitch was put in Marie Journet last evening.  The linen is 30 count Cocoa by Weeks.  On my monitor it is showing pinkish, but it definitely is not.


It will join these other cross stitch finishes . . . sigh.  Hopefully one of these days I will be motivated to do something with them.  They have all been stitched in recent years except for the tiny one in the middle which is the only time I stitched an entire piece (even though small) over one.  It was stitched in 1992 :)



Before the crack of dawn tomorrow, I will be off to Sauder Village in Archbold for two days of hooking.  It's only about a two hour drive and there is no snow in the forecast so it will be smooth sailing.  I will be binding a rug, finishing the border on another and hopefully start hooking True Hearts.  Of course there will also be a stop at the antique mall just around the corner from the Village.  It is pretty hit or miss, but usually a little something comes home with me :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren   

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Have a wonderful time that hooking event is on my bucket list when I retire have a great time!
Maybe you will find some old frames for your stitching
Cathy

Donna G. said...

I also have a drawer full of stitched pieces to be “finished”.
Enjoy your retreat.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Have a wonderful time at Sauder! My drawer of cross stitch is growing also. I used to frame everything as soon as I finished and couldn't wait to get it up on the wall! Now there is no more room...so in the drawer they go. I suppose Molly is going to visit with Ernestine? Melinda

Prims By The Water said...

I am late. Hope you have fun! Love the cross stitch. Janice

marly said...

Have a safe drive and enjoyable weekend. Love the red sampler.

WoolenSails said...

They are all beuaitufl pieces and I know the feeling. I am good with finishing smalls for pillows, but I have some that I put away and now they have creases in them.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Always love to see what you are or have been working on!! You have some lovely pieces here and hoping you will find the motivation to display them as they are just too pretty to tuck away!!
Hope you have a wonderful time at Sauder AND that you find a treasure or two!!! I also wanted to let you know that the sampler pattern made it safely to AZ and I just LOVE IT!! Thank you again, so much for your great Giveaways!!!
Take care and happy hooking!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you are having fun! I have several cross stitch projects that are still not finished. One of these days...Janice

Jennie in GA said...

LOVE all of your finished pieces, but especially Marie. OMG, can’t believe you stitched that little tiny thing over one! Lots of those would make cute smalls.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 pounds less than us.

(And by the way, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

TAP on this link to reveal if this short questionnaire can help you discover your true weight loss possibility