Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Things You Find . . .


In this age of political correctness, are almost naked cupids allowed . . . lol?


Forgotten projects found when cleaning the hooking room closet.  

Maria Barton Santa.  Little tree with high/low loops to be cut out and lightly stuffed.


Bunny to be put on a bedspring.  Class with Annette Shaffer quite a few years ago.


Small red, white and blue hearts.  Maybe I can finish these before Valentine's Day?


There is still a huge (for me) rug I haven't yet found in the closet.  Started I think 3 years ago and not touched since . . . other than to "borrow" wool for another project.  Such a bad idea . . . sigh.  Several Rebekah L. Smith applique projects.  Maybe a cross stitch?  Too many projects.  Too little time.

Still have not heard from Just Me.  Two days and counting.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh but the good thing is they are mostly done!
I am reading an old Fannie Flagg and it is not politically correct. Told from a kids point of view in 1952 deep south. Yikes!
Cathy

Saundra said...

First.... think you know my thoughts of the political correctness BS. You have found such a treasure trove of wonderful almost done projects!!!! Almost makes me wish I had some in my house to play with. Is that tree going to be attached to the exterior or side of the Santa? Can't wait to find out before next December.

Jennie in GA said...

Especially love that little Santa. Honestly, none of those projects will take long to finish....and you’ll feel so accomplished, lol.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love finding treasures from decades past tucked away in boxes - all those wonderful things that were once so very important. Would love to see what you do with the beautiful hooked hearts.
Rose

Jacqueline said...

So close to the finish line on some beautiful projects. You can do it, I have faith in you!

WoolenSails said...

Fun projects and I should have thought of that, I have some smalls that would make nice pillows.
I made a pillow once, but forgot how I did it, but I am sure it will come back to me.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

I have tried to finish up my old projects. Sigh*** but as I clean things to pack up, I find more projects I started and never finished. I do love seeing yours though. I love that bunny one, you said it will be on a spring? Well, if your gal doesn't show up to win, pick me, pick me. :)
Have a wonderful weekend.

Prims By The Water said...

I have so many unfinished WIP's its pathetic. Love your bunny. Janice

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I feel your pain--I go looking for one thing and find half a dozen others

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I seem to do that all the time....finding those hidden pieces I started and never finished!!! Seems like we are not alone and are in GOOD COMPANY!!! Guess one way to look at it is there are always "nice surprises" waiting for us!!! We will NEVER be at a loss for something to do!!!!
So, what will you work on first???
Take care and have a great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo