Tuesday, February 4, 2020

I Should Have Known Better ~



I was just a bit (now that's an understatement!) optimistic about what I would accomplish on my Sauder retreat this past weekend.  I had started this before leaving . . . 


. . . and finished the hooking at the retreat.  Sunday I "finished" it.  I just turned back the linen and stitched it down before putting it in this old drawer.  It is about the size of an old sewing machine drawer, but not nearly as deep.  The plan is to change it out seasonally, but we know about good intentions ~ haha.  I am most pleased at how it turned out.


I also had plans to finish the border on McMinn Antique, bind Vintage Blossoms and start on True Hearts.  Well, that sure didn't happen :(  I got about half the border hooked on McMinn and never started binding the rug until I got home, nor did I start True Hearts.  Such is the story of my life, but hey, I had a great time at Sauder so that is all that matters.

I was going to show a picture of McMinn Antique, but Molly climbed up on the frame and I didn't have the heart to move her.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

NMK said...

Love your Heart rug & the finish ! Molly looks much too comfy to be moved ...cute little face .

acorn hollow said...

you got more done than I probably would. there is just to much going on at a hook in.
I love your heart in the drawer!
Cathy

Margaret said...

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Molly is so adorable! Of course you couldn't move her! Well worth it. :D Love your heart finish.

Jo Ann said...

I am SOOOOOOOO in love with Molly. Most ADORABLE !

Saundra said...

Your heart project turned out perfect!!!!! And good golly but Miss Molly love the smell of her mama's scent on that wool project. Can understand why you didn't have the heart to make her move.

WoolenSails said...

The heart rug is beautiful along with the way you set it.
My old kitties always sat on my rugs when they were in the frame, seems to be their favorite spot.

Debbie

Jennie in GA said...

Now that is one cute pup. To heck with hooking. Love your adorable finish.

Three Sheep Studio said...

What a neat finish for your heart !
You mean you’re suppose to hook at a hooking retreat ???? Surely you jest !! ☺️
Glad you had a good time.
Rose

moosecraft said...

That Molly is a real cutie pie! :-) Great finish on the heart! You're one hooked finish ahead of me! :-)

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love this. The critter is so cute. Have a great day!!

marly said...

What a perfect fit! Miss Molly fits quite nicely on your frame too.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
LOVE your hooked piece with the heart in that drawer!!!! Great job!!! Miss Molly is just such a cutie pie and looks adorable on your frame!! Is she offering to model for your next rug?
Don't worry about not getting everything done! You can always do it tomorrow!!!
Have a great rest of your week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Unknown said...

The way of writing about this blog is Impressive!

Wallpapers for Bedroom

Unknown said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh 19 kilos less than we do.

(By the way, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING around "how" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

Tap this link to determine if this brief test can help you find out your true weight loss potential