Thursday, January 9, 2020

Maybe a Finish ~


I started this rug early in October in a class with Caroline Twigg of Eagles' Nest Woolens.  It  is Vintage Blossoms, a Peyton Primitives design sold by Heavens to Betsy.  I finished it in 2019, but was not happy with the three large flowers.

I have tweaked them several times (in 2020) and am still not sure I like them.  The all red ones, they just seemed too, well, red. 


I thought they each need some gold.  Can't decide if I need to reverse hook some more.  The colors in the picture above are pretty accurate.  Below not.


Molly wants in on the photo shoot :)  Her color is pretty accurate.  The rug . . . not so much.


Anyway, here is what it looks like now.  I do like hooking straight line hit and miss, but got REALLY bored with it, but was determined to finish.  The finished size is about 22" x 39".


Christmas is put away except the "big tree" still has not been hauled to the attic.  I am about half done re-decorating.  I will never learn . . . sigh.  It's just that I LOVE all my Christmas stuff :)

Another fun picture of Molly.  She fits perfectly in a 6 gallon crock!


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

20 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Molly is a cute as a button...especially in that crock. C'mon and find me mom! I do like the flowers with other colors in them. A good decision to change it. As always your rugs are oh so beautiful! Janice

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love the changes you made to the two red flowers, Lauren. Your rug is really beautiful. (And so is Molly ♥️)
Rose

Sue Swank said...

I really like how your rug turned out. It looks like you and Molly are a good pairing. She loves you, and you love her.

marly said...

I'm confused but love the finish. Adding more gold was perfect.

How cute is the crock of pug!

WoolenSails said...

I like it with a touch of gold, gives it a little more pop but keeps that vintage look.
Molly is so cute in the crock.

Debbie

Catsngrams said...

I love the gold I think it adds a lot. Beautiful rug and pug.

Cats

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Saundra said...

Flowers are MUCH better. Am sure you will be happier now. I keep looking at the rug I hooked Ben instead of a Golden, and some of the flowers hooked in a class need to be changed too. Keep saying that each time I look down at the rug but haven't taken that step yet. Maybe between projects it will get done.

denise said...

I love the rug.Molly is the cutest pug I have ever seen.

Saundra said...

Had to double-dip and say how darn adorable Molly is. She has that sweet pitiful look that Ben would sometimes get and because she is black reminds me of him so much.

Farm Girl said...

I love that picture of Molly in that crock. She is so cute. I love that look on her face. Its like"okay Mom can I get out now?" I love that rug. I am so glad you have a finish for 2020.

acorn hollow said...

I like the colors on the first picture you said was close to accurate. I still have my big tree up too. Maybe this weekend who knows but I love looking at it an the lights on in the evening.
cutie pug
Cathy

NMK said...

Molly is such a cutie !!! Just Love your rug !!!!

marie said...

You did good by adding more gold to the two flowers on the left. I need to get back to hooking, but it's not much fun when no one you know hooks. Sigh!

Jennie in GA said...

The gold really made the difference. Good choice. Something tells me that your little shadow has your heart.

Margaret said...

That last pic of Molly in the crock is so adorable! I love your rug. It's probably hard to tell from a picture on the colors, but it looks great to me. :D Love seeing your Christmas decorations from your last post. I still don't know how you do it. It's all wonderful!

Magbis said...

I love the rug and the colors are lovely. And Molly her sweet face remind me my dear molly she is an English bulldog :).

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Hit and miss lines are a bore to hook but the results are stunning! Great job! Molly looks like a flower peeking up from the crock.

moosecraft said...

Love the rug the way it is! Good going with a finish! :-)
Your "potted pug" is so dang adorable! ;-) lol!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
You always hook such beautiful rugs and I love your choices of colors!! The changes make the flowers pop more and they look wonderful!!!
Only one word to describe that sweet Molly.........ADORABLE!!!!!
Hope you have a great week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo