Monday, July 22, 2019

Love/Hate Relationship ~


Look closely.  These sheep are made from old telephones and phone cords.  In my wildest dreams I would not think to do this :)


I am referring to technology, my iPad, and blogger in no particular order :(  

Where to begin?  This will be so disjointed because I just don't know how to tie it all together.

I thought I was having a problem with my desktop computer.  I had to fight to highlight text in order to change a font, size of text, sum a column in a spreadsheet, etc.  It was happening in Word, Excel, and blogger.  DSO to the rescue :)  Did you know your mouse can go bad?  Yup.  It can.  I wish all the solutions were that easy though I struggled for a couple months before asking him about it.

Have you noticed that many blogs are coming up as "not secure"?  Mine was off and on.  I think I have that issue fixed.  I had to go in to settings and change it to secure, but why?  I never changed anything to begin with.

My iPad was ancient.  It would no longer accept updates and would constantly freeze up.  I thought about getting a new one, but just hated to spend the money.  Well, at Best Buy the other day (DSO getting an upgraded phone to help me out since I broke another phone screen - twice.  I think I need an unbreakable Fisher Price phone), I decided to look at the iPads.  I thought they never went on sale, but lo and behold they were $200 off, so I decided to bite the bullet and get one.  Well, it is great . . . except I can't get Messenger.  I click on it and nothing happens and I do use Messenger a lot.  The worst issue is that I cannot leave blog comments from the iPad.  It will not let me comment as Rugs and Pugs which is how I always do it.  It says comment as Google account and when I type something in and hit publish, it just disappears.  It will not give me the option of logging in to my Google account.  Can you say frustrated?  Is anyone else having these issues?  

Sorry for the rant.  I'm hoping I can get these issues resolved.  I hate being so technologically challenged.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

moosecraft said...

Geesh! I hope those sheep aren't calling with baaaaaaahd news! ;-)
I wish I could help with your tech issues...but, I do not have an iPad. The best advice I can offer is to check for updates under the apple menu? Hopefully a techy reader will have the answers for you...I do indeed know how frustrating this can be...

acorn hollow said...

no help here I have never used an I pad.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Your iPad does not accept updates because it only has a certain amount of storage and battery capabilities. I had to purchase another for that very reason. This time I purchased an iPad with the largest amount of memory.

Have you ever noticed (previously) there would be a update required but when battery was low you had to plug it in for it to update?

I didn't trade in my old iPad because of the age think it was like worth only $15 and not worth it. So I still use it BUT....I use it for hooking and have it plugged in an outlet next to wear I sit. When hooking an antique adaptation and following that color plan I plug in the iPad so it is ever ready by my side.

Julia said...

I would have never thought of making sheep out of old telephones and cords. They are amazing. I'm sorry about your techy problems but I think I'm even less techy than you. I hope you will figure it up soon.
Hugs, Julia

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Those sheep are so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! Someone sure does have an imagination!!!
Sorry for your frustration!! No help here as I don't own an iPad, nor am I tech savvy!!
My brain just doesn't have enough storage!! lol
Hope you get some answers soon!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Julia said...

Hi, it's me again. It dawned on me after I went to lunch that I forgot to comment on your comment about some blogs are not secured.
When I started to blog the lint started with http:// and it changed later to https:// . I remember reading a notice that we could make our blog secured by going into our settings. I chose to make it secured by changing from http:// to https://

The problem is that http:// is not encrypted, therefore, not secured. Https:// is encrypted and secured. I have mentioned this quite a while back in one of my post but I can't remember which one.

Blogs that are secured have that little black padlock in front of the https://address
Julia

Julia said...

Oops, that should be "link" and not lint.
Julia

marly said...

I really need to get a phone or a pad or something. But it seems not everything is as easy to do as you would think. And I really love the big screen of a laptop. Was so surprised that shopping sites and blogs appear completely different on tablets and phones. I thought they would just be smaller! Nope. Good luck!

Prims By The Water said...

My mouse went bad too last month. I know how you feel. I am having issues with the sound on my computer now. I am not tech savvy AT ALL! Never would have thought to make sheep from telephones. Folks are just so talented out there. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

I had the same problem trying to comment for awhile. It kind of fixed itself. Now I open the web page of the blog to post. But I still have to sign in to google each time, then return to the webpage and hit publish. But before mine was doing the exact same thing as yours. No clue. But I can still blog off my phone...lol.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I believe the safari browser is the default browser on Apple products. Try using a different browser like Chrome, when visiting blogs, etc. you should be able to once again leave comments and sign off as ‘Rugs and Pugs’
Rose

woolwoman said...

I must say I think those phone cord sheep with the phone heads are creepy. Unlike that little puggy - so adorable ! Sorry about your ipad challenges. I dropped and broke my rim around the screen a few months ago but it keeps working and I keep using. Have a great weekend - Mel

Alok Tripathi said...

Nice blog. checkout my website Shadimatrimonies.com for matrimonial matchmaking services .