Monday, September 23, 2024

Kris Miller Class ~

I had another great class with Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios.  The focus of the class was letters (ARGH!!!) and eyes (double ARGH!!!).  Kris did a great job teaching us how to do both and helping us along.

Kris brought some of her rugs that featured one or both of the topics.

Darn!  I love this rug.
I wish I had chosen it as my class project!







Kind of hard to see, but check out the fun border she put around the crow rug.  Two rows of beading and two more rows of wool used in the rug and then whipped with a coordinating color yarn.


I wasn't sure how I was going to hook the skirt on my rug.  I knew I didn't want that spider web effect of the rug that was hooked by the designer, Ann Willey.  

Sue (Vernon Junction) brought her rug to show me.  It was a Notforgotten Farm pattern, but since Sue doesn't "do" Halloween, she adapted it.  I love the way she hooked the dots on the dress.  It was something to consider for my rug.

Isn't she just too sweet?


Sue also brought her Warm Friendship rug because someone in the class was also hooking it.  She has not yet done the binding because she is hoping to find someone to teach her to add several rows of braids around it.


I need to trim some of my ends and hopefully finish the face before sharing my rug.

I know Saundra (Woodland Junction) and Cathy (Acorn Hollow) have been having issues with comments and was so happy I was not . . . until I was.  Comments were just not quite right on my last post and I only am showing five comments.  I am guessing there were a few more so please, if you commented, let me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow! Those are some fabulous rugs!!! Bring on the crows and Halloween! I do like that border on the one crow/pumpkin rug. It is a clever way of adding interest to what might otherwise be a plainer rug. I also really love Sue's rug. The dress is fabulous! You and Saundra are both teases. ~Robin~

NMK said...

The border on the Crow is Beautiful !!! So pretty . And Sue's rug is so pretty ...how did she do those tiny little dots ??? Can't wait to see yours ! Lots of great hooking & neat patterns !

Prims By The Water said...

OMG Lauren. I cannot even choose a favorite as I love them all!!! The border on the crow one is amazing. Janie