Friday, September 13, 2024

It's About Time ~

Shady Spot was started at Cedar Lakes Rug Camp early in May with Jyl Robbins.  A pattern by LJ Fibers, it is an adaptation of an antique needlework purse.  I thought I would have it done LOOOONG ago.  Then I was sure I would finish it (or at least be close) at the two day Shipshewana hook in at the end of July.  And now . . . the hooking is finally done.  (And Sue . . . I did not change the color of the googly eyes.)  As usual, color is all wrong 😓 She is a biggie for me at 26" x 36".  Next?  The dreaded binding!!!  Next on the frame?  Perhaps just a small piece if I find a spare minute before my Kris Miller class next week.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I couldn't love this more. And you just gotta love those googely eyes LOL. Happy Friday the 13th! ~Robin~

NMK said...

Love this and your colors & those eyes !!!

Sue Swank said...

It does look good - even with those white eyes.

acorn hollow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
acorn hollow said...

Oh I just love this piece!!! I know you whip your bindings I gave that up long ago I was so horrid at it. Happy friday the 13th My daughter's birthday today.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Seems to me the antique purse eyes were white and I think your rug is lovely. Just love me a blotchy background!!!!!! Believe me I feel your pain about binding. Think I'd rather have a dental appointment than bind a rug. Oh, wait...I usually work on rug binding at doctor appointments to ease the pain, lol. Pain of binding of course.

Julia said...

Lauren, your rug looks great, and I think the googely eyes adds charm and character.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Love the colors and those googly eyes are just too adorable. They make me smile each time I see them. Janice

Betty said...

Beautiful hooking. It's a wonderful rug!!

woolyredrug said...

Lauren, I love, love, love how you hooked Shady Spot! And love the eyes too! For my original offering of this pattern I used colors like the antique needlework wallet...but your choices and the background are stunning! ~Laurie/LJFibers