Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Seriously?


It has been nine days since my last blog post.  Why?  Haven't a clue but I have been meeting myself coming and going.  And when I went to upload photos, the method is different.  GGGRRRR!!!  I hate change.

Anyhow, a little mat that is only 12 1/2" x 16 1/2" should have taken a few days to hook instead of a few weeks.  It is finally hooked and partially bound.  Here's a peek of pumpkin #2.


Colleen left me a comment asking how I hooked the mouth on the sage green pumpkin.  (It really is not gray!)  Colleen, if you do a Google search on how to do beading on a hooked rug, A Cindy Gay video will come up.  I hope that helps because I would never be able to explain the process.  


Friday I am heading off to southern Ohio for a two day hook in with hooker friend Val.  Hopefully I will do a quick post before then, but if not I will see you when I get back.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren
 

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Oh boy, a blog post to enjoy, lol. Did you see the blue and white hooked geometric Cathy Stephan posted on FB with the beading on the edge which made the piece look like it was crocheted? What a feast for the eyes. While it was cool to look at and appreciate the work, I wouldn't want to hook it.
Enjoy your hooking event and look forward to what you do.

Prims By The Water said...

Your pumpkin is so sweet! I love the beading for his teeth. Have fun on your trip. Janice

Julia said...

I had to go and check Cindi Gay's video and I remember watching it before and I had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for the tip.

Your pumpkin is looking great with the beaded teeth. Enjoy your hooking weekend.

Now I feel guilty for not posting. I've become so lazy about posting. Take care and stay warm.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

You are the busiest hooker I know lol. I love that cute pumpkin.
Cathy

Sue Swank said...

You certainly are a busy hooker.keep up the good work. The pumpkin guys are so cute

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I meet myself coming and going pretty much everyday! lol ~
sweet JOL's you have there...going to watch Cindy's video...thanks for the tip!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

TheCrankyCrow said...

It's been a lot longer than 9 days since I've posted...just haven't anything of interest to say or post. And stop teasing already. You're killing me with this new pumpkin rug and all you've given us is a couple small peaks. Maybe you are the et after all. ~Robin~ (gt??)

Jo said...

Catching up on blogs this morning! See you tomorrow! Yippeeee!!