Monday, October 9, 2023

Changes ~

The days are changing much too quickly.  It is now dark when I get up in the morning and our sunset is at 6:56 pm.  And to think once daylight savings time ends on November 5, it will be much worse.  I have not heard if it is officially ending, but I am hoping daylight savings time will soon be a thing of the past.

Our weather has been a little crazy, too.  We went from HOT . . . low 80's during the day to suddenly low 40's at night.  We have not yet had a frost so hopefully we will have an Indian summer (if we are allowed to call it that!).  Lake Erie was wild the other morning.


This morning the sand had the coolest pattern.  DSO (being the engineer that he is) said it was because of the wind velocity and sand density that the repetitive pattern was created.


I am still fighting the crud but think the worst is behind me.  I still don't have much energy but am forcing myself to do a little each day.  I have cancelled some plans with friends because I don't want to risk infecting anyone if I am still contagious.  DSO came down with the crud the other day, but says it is just a cold and is already feeling better.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
STAY HEALTHY!!!
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

I heard a few days ago that Native Americans are fighting to restore the name REDSKINS for the football team. So think it is the 'woke folk' who want to cancel the heritage and past history.
Hope you do get feeling better real soon and can join the hooking community once again.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You must get up too early....it isn't dark when I get up?? 😂 But, yes, it is dark too early...and too cold. I got chilled at the cemetery today and still haven't warmed back up and now my nose is running on top of it and I'm so, so, tired. Hope I'm not getting sick too. But, dang girl, you've been sick too long. I know you don't like doctors, but...maybe, just maybe, you should consider it??? I worry about you, ya know. ~Robin~ (Those photos of the waves and the sand on the lake are soo neat!)

acorn hollow said...

I am with you on the darkness my big complaint about winter.
I do hope you are feeling better soon it has been awhile
Cathy

marly said...

Hope you are crud-free soon. I also hate the darkness. Would I feel better about losing summer if we had its daylight hours? Good question. I'll never know.

Julia said...

I'm sorry that you still feel unwell. As we get older, it takes longer to get over illness I think. I hope that you'll feel better soon. Getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of fluids is all I can suggest.

I love the neat sand pattern. It all looks so even.

Darkness has snuck up on us too. I'm not an early riser. I think we are in for a harsh winter as I saw some bear caterpillars with wide black bands yesterday. The ones I saw earlier were totally rust color and had no black on them.

Sending you some warm hugs. get well my friend!!!
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Both my granddaughter and daughter caught the crud. Hopefully my grandson wont get it now that he is back. That sand pattern is really cool. Here on Lake Huron by my mom's we have a rocky shoreline. I told Bob about your Ohio version of a doorwall and it reminded me of when I went to Boston and asked for a pop. They call it soda over there. The waitress looked at us weird and knew we were out a towners by our accent and verbiage. We finally figured it out when one of us said Coke or Pepsi. LOL Janice

Farm Girl said...

I think it would be wonderful to see and live that close to one of the great lakes.
I am still trying to recover too. No energy is right. I pick up my hook and look at it.
It takes all of my energy to do the regular stuff.
I am glad that you are recovering though.
Yes, I feel like I wait and wait for the sun to come up in the morning and then it sets to fast in the evening.
I hope this is a good week for you and you are soon all well.