Tuesday, October 3, 2023

At a Standstill ~

 

Last week I had a day with watery eyes and a drippy nose.  I thought it was a bit of an allergy and the next day I would be fine.  The next day I was not fine.  Horrible headache and even my teeth and sinuses hurt.  Ok, so I have a head cold, right?  Well, it ended up being the mother of all head colds.  I pride myself on getting 10,000 + steps every day.  That day I got 572 😟  I slept almost nonstop for 2 days.  (I never even got out of my jammies or took a shower one day.  I have never done that before!!!)  It really did kick my butt.  Today is the first day I was somewhat productive.  No nap and I mowed the lawn and did a bit of yard work.  It is wonderful to feel almost human again.

Needless to say, no hooking going on.  I keep saying I hope it will be soon . . . and I really do hope so.

What is a blog post without pictures?  BORING.  So . . . this is the counter over the washer and dryer.  A little bit of fall since there has been no Halloween decorating this year and not sure any is going to happen.


At last week's hook in, believe it or not, I bought NO wool.  However I did buy a fun little Cammie Bruce pattern and this cool box from Chrisi Koehl ~ Rustic Eweniques.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren


10 comments:

Saundra said...

I have my childhood toy iron just like that and a tin cup, fork and spoon. My dad found them in the dirt one year when I was in my 30's. Those are the only childhood items I own now and enjoy them.
Glad you feel almost human, at least that is progress and you'll be back like new in no time.

NMK said...

Thank Goodness you are feeling better ! It's awful to feel that way ! How did you manage to go to a Hook In & not buy any wool ??? I Love Cammie Bruce's patterns , they are so cute .Hope you feel like pulling loops !!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. But I think maybe there is another thing that maybe makes us not twins?? I have stayed in pj's and not showered...several days in my life LOL. Sweet little display - smart you to have put a counter over the top. After the issue with the narrow counter that went over the toilet in the bathroom (couldn't find a replacement toilet short enough to fit under the counter when the toilet died) which was the precipice to WWR, I hesitated putting a counter over the top of anything (other than my kitchen cabinets of course). But, of course, I can't resist put stuff on stuff, so there's stuff on top of my washer and dryer that goes for a wicked ride every time I do laundry. 😳 ~Robin~

Julia said...

Those head colds are no fun. I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to do yard work. It sounds like you got a doozy of a head cold.
I love your little vignette and that small mat is perfect for that old box. They were made for each other.

I called a friend today and she tells me that she got COVID again this fall. I guess I better buy another box of face masks.

Stay well, hugs.
Julia

acorn hollow said...

My daughter had something like that she was down for the could for a few days. So glad you are feeling better. But like Robin I have no huge issue staying in my pjs and not showering. And it is not just when I am sick. A good snowstorm could make it a pj day.
Cathy

marly said...

Glad you're on the mend. Some colds have been horrible this year and it's only the beginning. Nice little display in that wonderful enviable laundry room.

Prims By The Water said...

My granddaughter was sick last week and now my daughter got it. Sometimes you just have to stay in your jammies and get better I say. Glad you are on the mend. Janice

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope you are feeling better, no fun feeling yucky. Love your home make overs. Am currently cleaning out Mothers house (yes depression era child). I feel like I need a U-haul and dumpster

WoolenSails said...

Being sick is no fun, I hope you are feeling better now. That is a fun display and beautiful box.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Oh my goodness, I have been sick with the same thing. I have never spent all day in bed in years and years. I have not been able to do a single thing.
This one is rough.
I do hope you feel so much better now.
Lovely pictures though.