Thursday, October 26, 2023

A Finish ~ a Plus One ~ ATHA Magazine


Almost the end of October.  How did that happen?  I know, I know.  I say that all the time but 2023 is flying by.  We have had absolutely gorgeous weather, but that will be ending in a few days.  It is only supposed to be in the low 40's for trick-or-treat.  In Ohio, costumes must fit over winter coats!

My little Cammie Bruce pattern, Pair of Jacks, is bound 😁  I hope my next project goes a little more quickly.

Now on the frame, as Saundra would call it, is my plus one that she so generously drew up and gifted me.  I will be taking it to the 2 day hook in tomorrow in Tipp City, about 3 hours south of me.  I have pulled a few loops . . . very few.  Pulling wool to take is next on my to-do list.

ATHA Magazine, in my opinion, is the best hooking magazine out there.  ATHA (Association of Traditional Hooking Artists) is an international fellowship of artists that fosters individuality and diversity in rug hooking. The magazine is composed of articles written by ATHA members.  They were asking for seasonal rugs, so I sent in a few pictures.  I (wrongly) assumed my little mats would be included in an article along with other hooked rugs, but low and behold they gave me my own page.  To say I was shocked is an understatement.  I wasn't going to say anything, but since Saundra shared that I was in the magazine, several people who are not ATHA members and do not receive the magazine asked to see the page, so voila . . . here it is.  More information on ATHA can be found at www.atharugs.com.

I had another sleepover with my favorite pug this week while daddy went to Michigan for the day.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Great finish and good wool color choices on Cammie's pattern. Have fun with your plus-one. hey, wait... so what is your primary rug if the roosters pattern is your plus-one?
I purposely didn't photo the page because I wanted to force you to talk about it and show the page on your blog. See, the fat lady can still sing a song, lol.

acorn hollow said...

congrats on your ATHA page! Looking forward to your plus one.
that sweet pug looks like a stuffed toy lol
Cathy

Sue Swank said...

You're gonna be famous. The turkey is my favorite. I don't decorate for Halloween, just fall in general. Fall colors are my favorite colors. And autumn is alright, especially with weather like today. However fall means winter is that much closer. Boo!!

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute Pug face! Congrats on the whole page in the magazine. a great honor to be featured. Kudos to you. Janice

Julia said...

That Saundra can squeeze her will on you, can she? I'm glad that she did. This is quite an honour my friend and you deserve it. Congratulations again.

Your pumpkin rug is lovely and I love the way you hooked the teeth. I love the soft colors you're using on your hens. I can't wait till you finish that one. I'm sure it will look amazing.
Enjoy the weekend. It seems to me that it's always the weekend. Time is just spinning so fast.
You've got to love that pouty, furry face.

Hugs, Julia

JustGail said...

How cool to have the page to yourself in ATHA! Pair of Jacks is Sweet and so nice to have a finish and just in time for Halloween. I can't say how many times I've finished a seasonal project...just as or just after the season has passed.
Earnestine is looking good, nice to see a photo of her again.
Have a good time at the hook-in. I'm waffling between hoping you get lots done on the rug, or get little done due to having so much fun with everyone.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I couldn't love Pair of Jacks more. Thanksfully, Halloween is almost over or I'd be sorely tempted.... Congrats on an honor overdue and well-deserved. Your mats are always so perfect and the three in the article are perfect examples. Jack's Crow is still one of my very favorites. It's been wretched weather here in Nod. I don't recall it being this wet almost ever. And now the cold is blowing in on a wicked wind. Snow has made its appearance in the forecast. So much for Janice's mention of the tale of 12 (?? or was it 6??) weeks between the last thunder and the first snow. Our last thunder was 2 days ago...and snow within 2 days' more time. Gah! Hope you're having too much fun today to get anything done. And, like MD, I am wondering what your main hook is if the chicks are "+1." ~Robin~

NMK said...

Congratulations !!!! What an Honor to have a full page for your beautiful hooking !!!! I am waiting patiently for my copy .....your projects are just great !!!
Your Hook In will be lots of fun & Love the pattern Saundra gave you , cant wait to see more of it !
It has been beautiful Indian Summer here too , but Sunday and Monday , we go back to rain & cool temperatures . Will be chilly for our Trick or Treaters too !
Congratulations Again !!! Have a Wonderful time at the Hook In !!!

marly said...

Congratulations! All featured are great, Jack and the Crow is my favorite. I am so exhausted from leaf pickup, by the time I get to sit on my swing it's dark! These few nice days are ending tomorrow but the leaves continue. Damn.

Betty said...

Your rugs/mats in the ATHA mag were my favorites. So thank you for sharing I really loved them and congratulations!