Sunday, March 12, 2023

Back to Reality ~

 

I arrived home last evening from my little hooking get away with the Twenty Dollar Hookers in Millersburg, OH.  Always fun to get away for a few days but good to get back home.  Today I have been playing catch up.  Even being gone just 3 days there is a lot to do.  Thankfully the pug sitter had no issues with Molly other than the fact she was peeing almost non-stop yesterday.  I am hoping she doesn't have another UTI as they get very expensive!

I did get my two pumpkins bound . . . 


. . . and finished hooking Love Birds, started in a class last summer with Sally Kalin.  There are just a couple minor things to tweak . . .


. . . and hooked 6 circles for the centers of sunflowers that will be put on an old bed spring.  

I actually feel I was more productive than usual!

I even took some pictures of projects hookers were working on or had finished.  I will share those in the next post.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Your Love Birds has a very soothing appeal. And see you decided to be more frugal with wool to bind the pumpkins, smart gal. Covering the whole back plus matching compatible colors is more work.

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful love birds.
Good luck to Molly
Glad you had a great time
Cathy

Sue Swank said...

Looks great, glad for several things;
You had a good time, got lots accomplished, and dear Molly did okay.
Have a great week.

NMK said...

Love your Pumpkins !!! Did you tear those strips ?
Your Love Birds is just Beautiful , your colors are just so pretty !!!
Molly must be so happy to have you home !

Prims By The Water said...

Love birds turned out really good! One of these days I am going to make some sunflowers to sell in the store. I have springs saved for this. I thought you normally add wool to the entire back of the pumpkins, but this would have been easier me thinks the way you did them this time. Glad the pug sitter had no issues with Molly. Janice

Julia said...

Your love birds rug is so nice and it has a feeling of calmness about it. It must be the colors. I'm glad you had a great time and Molly did OK while you were gone and I bet that she missed you. Yes, let's hope she doesn't have another uterine infection. It feels good to be productive. Your pumpkins are beautiful as usual.

Your unproductive friend. Hugs.

Julia

marly said...

You're getting quite a bit accomplished. Maybe Molly was stressed? Let's hope that was it. Glad you had a nice time!

Jacqueline said...

Sounds like a good time.

Farm Girl said...

Poor Mollie,
I hope it isn't that. How amazing that you got so much done. I have been sick for a solid month!
I am hoping I am going to be on the mend and get back to hooking. I love seeing all of your finishes and I really do love those sunflowers on the bedsprings. I love mine so much and I love that you sent one to me.
I love that rug you finished from Sally Kalin.
I hope you have a wonderful day, we are having our 11th Atmospheric river! Gosh the rain!
Kim

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I love the Love Birds especially! I hope the glow of your getaway is long lasting. Molly has my prayers.