Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Home Again ~


How can it really be Thanksgiving next week?  I love that it is early this year ~ more time to get ready for Christmas 😁

As usual, I did not take pictures at the hooking get away.  Only got one of friend Linda's rug that she started in a class with Cathy Stephan a while back.


I did get some hooking done, but of course not as much as I would have liked.  Nothing new there.  I finished Fierce Lion, except I still need to redo the eyes, and of course I will procrastinate for quite some time.  He is not nearly as white as the picture shows.


Progress was made on Gypsy.  Not too much more to hook, and some reverse hooking needs to be done.  The colors are WAY too washed out, but if I try for a better picture, I may never get this post done!  Sorry that my pictures are worse than normal!


I also started Mr. Jingles ~ a Christmas gift.  He is such an easy hook.  He will most likely have antique shoe buttons for his eyes and buttons.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you had a nice time at your getaway! Am loving all of your newest rugs ad of course I always like how you hook Mr Jingles. Heck he is perfect here now as it has been snowing all day. UGH I was just thinking wow Thanksgiving is already next week. AM looking forward to a turkey dinner. YUM Janice

Saundra said...

I have a photo of the original antique rug Linda is hooking, she did a great job. Looks to me like you DID accomplish a lot on your rugs and they look wonderful too. I have one camera which does a fairly descent job of capturing close colors. But most of the photos I take always appear washed out; guess it is the nature of that beast and the fact we aren't pro photographers with very expensive photo equipment.

acorn hollow said...

Looks like that was one productive hook in! Such wonderful pieces
Cathy

Julia said...

You sure did accomplish a lot lately with so many pieces on the go. I see nothing wrong with your photos. Your rugs are all looking lovely.

I wanted to hook on my rug today but the tips of my fingers were hurting so much that I didn't even try.
Goodness, we are already mid-November. Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Julia

JustGail said...

I had to giggle at myself. As I was scrolling down, the Mr Jingles photo was half hidden. As I was looking Gypsy, suddenly in my peripheral vision it looked like a shadow looming over Mr Jingles. For a second I thought it was a mashup of a Halloween and Winter rug.
I'm glad you had a good time at the hook-in. No worries on the lack of pictures. Sometimes people get so involved looking for photo shots, they get to enjoy the event.

marly said...

Mr. Jingles is too sweet! Is he really small and the loops appear larger or are you hooking with a fatter worm? See? Worm. I know a little! I really like his heavy texture.

I went to pick up an order at Kohls, bag shows L, shirt tag shows M. Black Friday is everywhere. The 19.99 JCP boot sale on black friday is happening now. Always get a few for the women's shelter.

NMK said...

Love all the rugs you are hooking on & the first , Julie's rug looks wonderful too !!! So nice you had a fun hooking adventure !!! I can't wait for Turkey Dinner !!!! Our family will be all together and will be lots of fun ! Have a Great Thanksgiving too !!!

WoolenSails said...

It sounds like you had a good time at the hook in and lots of progress on your rugs. I still have some to finish and fix, so maybe over the winter. I call this crunch time, getting the house in order and planning a menu and next week, cleaning and cooking.

Debbie