Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Gypsy ~

Gypsy was started at Cedar Lakes Rug Camp in May.  I have pulled a few loops since my return from camp, but not for quite some time.  The wool I took to camp has never been sorted.  I should have removed the wool that was not going to be hooked in to the rug, but of course I did not.  Plus I "borrowed" a few pieces of the wool I used to put in other rugs I started.  Dumb, dumb, DUMB!  I have this entire large tote full of wool.  I really should sort through it and remove wool that will not be used.  Right now it is a hot mess.

I can't find a picture of what the rug looked like before I started hooking on it today.  I was not happy with part of the horse so I have been reverse hooking some of him.

I only have background left to hook on Fierce Lion - plus some serious work on his eyes.  I will take him to work on at guild Thursday.  No brainer hooking.

Next week the Twenty Dollar Hookers are meeting for a few days in Millersburg.  I will take Fierce Lion to finish and hopefully will make progress on Gypsy.  That will still leave me one rug in progress from a camp this year, Love Birds.  It, too, has been neglected.


I have often said I am a city dweller, but have woods nearby.  Deer are a huge problem.  It's not unusual to see them in the yard or walking down the street.  Last evening I was coming down the stairs and this young buck was approaching my bird bath that sits about five feet from the house.  I had to walk to the kitchen to get my phone and he was in no hurry to leave.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...


Your rugs are beautiful , Love the colors you are using .
What a great picture of the Deer !

marly said...

Never saw one drinking from a bird bath! Have fun, be safe. Seems like I say that a lot! Are they many more gatherings this late in the year?

Saundra said...

Shame on you for borrowing wool meant for one rug to put into another. Since wool we love might not ever be remilled we're lost finding enough to do the job. Your rugs are all wonderful. I used to get deer real close to the house and near my birdbath and pond when I had one. Actually that was before the fence was put up for Ben because he's just decide to walk off. So now deer are at a distance.

acorn hollow said...

You have much fun stuff going on I am very jealous! I brought a tote like that home from my rug camp and had to sort it out. Took me awhile that's for sure.
Cathy

Sue Swank said...

You've got some real beauties going. Gypsy is on my list to hook one day. Have fun at your retreat, hope you get a lot accomplished.

Prims By The Water said...

We use to have deer eat the apples bear us but I have not seen them in years now. All of your rugs seem to have the same colors in them. All look nice and primitive. Have fun at your retreat! Wish I could find some hookers near here. Janice

Julia said...

You have three rugs on the go with pretty much the same colors as the buck. He's a beauty but I'd be careful, it's rutting season and they can get pretty aggressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing all three rugs done. I need to get serious with my Madonna of the Street and dye some more wool before I go to the hook-in on Saturday but I've been spending time weeding my vegetable garden, I'm almost done.

Have fun at your guild.
Hugs
Julia

JustGail said...

It's a pain when the supplies get in a mess. For me it's fabrics and threads in a jumble that saps the fun. I try not to swipe from one project for another. But sometimes doing that leads to finding an even better result on the project that was pilfered from. Sometimes it leads to regret and woe.
I live a couple of miles from town. We do have deer, but they seem run away like anything that moves is going to kill them. Not that they're wrong on that account, what with cars going 60mph on the roads, coyotes, or during hunting season. City deer are a totally different story. They seem to look at you like they're saying "how dare you disturb my munching your tasty plants!" then trot off, not flee for their lives.