Monday, October 31, 2022

October 31 ~

I know I show the same Halloween decorations every year, and here they are once again 😁

My mom painted the black cat.  The eyes used to flash red, but the battery is long dead . . . and I never think to replace it.  The two plastic items are vintage.


The scarecrow and pumpkin to the right are two of my favorite pieces my mom painted.  The large ceramic pumpkin . . . well, I guess it would be considered vintage.  I have had it for as long as I can remember.  I guess that makes me vintage, too 😏




A sweet mohair bear I purchased on one of the monthly selling sites a few years ago.


Black feather tree.


Tobacco stick tree decked out for Halloween.


These are new.  I bought 3 of these fun little skellies on Amazon.  For the price they are great, but if you drop one on the floor . . . beware 😝  They don't bounce well.


Dining room cupboard.  All the papier mache jacks on the middle shelf are vintage except for the smallest one.  Funny story.  Neither of my boys have any use for anything antique/vintage.  Occasionally I will try to impress upon them that some of my items have value.  So last year I tell my younger son that the mache jacks are worth $$$.  His response?  So those go on the fifty cent table instead of the ten cent table?  KIDS!!!


Vintage noisemakers.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

I'm still green with envy with your mache' Jack-O-Lantern collection. Well 50 cents might be all your kids think they are worth. But since they know they have value and they don't want them am sure they will put on ebay or sell to an antique store.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Sooo fun! I love all this! Very special collection. Happy Halloween!

NMK said...

You have a Wonderful collection of Halloween things !!! Our Kids !!!! Hope some day they will appreciate our treasures !

Julia said...

Oh goodness, you did it again... I haven't put up a single Halloween decoration this year but I enjoy seeing your collections. I can't believe Halloween is already here.

I hope you get a lot of Trick and Treaters. We haven't had any in our neighborhood in quite some time. The kids have all grown and moved away and we don't have little kids in our area.

I love your mom's ceramic pieces. I haven't kept any for myself when I did ceramic.

Happy Halloween.

acorn hollow said...

I love your decorations! Happy Halloween
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Yeah our kids think our antiques are either junk firewood. At least your son will ask 50 cents. LOL Kids. I love love all of your Halloween decor. I need to do a black Halloween tree again. Happy Halloween! Janice

Farm Girl said...

I have told my kids the same thing, and they just roll their eyes. I love your Halloween decorations. They are just incredible.
I hope you have a wonderful evening,

JustGail said...

DS (DH too for that matter) has little *real* interest in my stuff, he's all about DH's shop and tools though. I did give him a verbal heads-up that not all my things are garage sale or thrift donation fodder. I started a file with value and suggestions on what/where to sell or donate my sewing & needlework supplies, the books, the sewing machines, etc. If the suggestions are tossed aside, that's their decision, not like I could do much about it. I doubt haunting them would be worth the effort.

No worries on the repeat posting of your Halloween decorations! I look forward to seeing them. It seems I always see something I missed (forgot about?) prior years.

marly said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Not as many photos as prior years but I'll take what I can get! I asked my brother to inventory and value his items but he won't. No idea what has a higher value than it looks!