Sunday, October 23, 2022

Graduated ~

Woo hoo!  On Friday I graduated from my "boot" to an ankle brace.  I was very good about wearing the boot until this past week . . . then wore it sporadically.  It was just so much easier to walk and felt so much better "sans boot".  Yesterday I actually got 10k steps in for the first time in six weeks and this morning went for a walk.  We are finally having a few gorgeous days on Ohio's north coast.  Here is a view of Lake Erie taken this morning.

Progress is being made on Fierce Lion.  I know the eyes need work . . . and I am sure it is the absolute last thing I will do on the rug.  

I found this guy on my driveway this morning.  Woolly bear caterpillars - also called woolly worms (who knew?) - have a reputation for being able to forecast the coming winter weather.  If their rusty band is wide, then it will be a mild winter.  The more black there is, the more severe the winter.  I do hope his prediction of a mild winter is true.

Early tomorrow DSO and I are heading to Colonial Williamsburg for a quick little get-away.  (And you know I haven't yet started to pack!) It has been 3+ decades since my last visit.  I will hook my way to Virginia and back.  Thankfully he is very tolerant of wool dust 😁

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

Congrats on the graduation and have fun on your road trip and am sure you would anyway. Now that I don't own a furry companion any longer nor do I have treadmill, those 10,000 step days are a no-show. You just might be done with the fierce lion by the end of your trip.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I just love the grays in this lion piece! Terrific!! We used to go to Williamsburg and Jamestown quite often as we lived in Va. But the last time I went there was 1987. SO! Do take lots of pics and have fun!

NMK said...

Happy Hooking , enjoy Williamsburg and will be so nice walking again !!!!

Julia said...

Congratulation on the graduation and have fun on your trip. I found a curled-up Bear Caterpillar but I couldn't see the length of his black stripes as he just wasn't uncurling even though I put him in the sun. I hope for a mild winter and a quick return to spring.
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun on your trip! Never been there, but would like to some day. Fierce Lion is looking like the king of the jungle! Janice

WoolenSails said...

I will have to look at the next wooly I see, be interesting to see the band width. Glad you are able to move around again, not fun being laid up. Have fun on your trip, look forward to hearing about it.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Very pretty rug. I do like it. Have fun on your trip. I always loved having woolly worms when I was a kid and then they stopping showing up. I never knew what happened. I am so glad you are getting to walk again. I bet it does feel incredible to be out of that boot.

marly said...

Never trust a wooly worm. I moved two today so we wouldn't step on them and one had minimal rust, the other had more. Maybe it was a cousin visiting from Ohio.

JustGail said...

I bet it feels good to give the boot the boot. I've never (knock wood) had to have one, but they do look cumbersome, hot, and uncomfortable. But probably better than healing wrong or not at all, and having issues from that forever.
I think our local weather watcher said wooly bears say normalish winter for us. But they are guessing like the weather people do when they talk about what's coming that far in the future.