Friday, October 21, 2022

Cracked Crock ~

Yesterday, Molly and I made a spur of the moment trip to one of the best antique malls around.  It was her first time antiquing.  She was my enabler for the day 😁.

This is my cracked crock collection.  (It was very hard to get a picture.  Sorry for the shadows.  It is on top of a cupboard in the dining room and the table is in the way.)

I found this wonderful 3 gallon crock to add to it.  Here she is in all her glory.  Isn't she a beauty?  The little wooden box was purchased to add a punch needle or cross stitch top.  Maybe I will get around to that in my next lifetime.

I find it most unusual that the cobalt decoration is on both the front and back of the crock and on both its "ears" (aka handles).  There is a crack running the length of the crock but it makes a wonderful display piece and I would not pay the price if it was perfect.  We're all cracked a bit, aren't we?

This is a very upscale shop with true antiques.  I must say I think this is the most expensive piece I have ever run across in an antique shop.



I have actually been trying to clean the built in cupboard above my desktop computer.  You know you haven't cleaned in quite a while when you find calendars from 2012.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Today I am back to the orthopedic doctor for x-rays.  Hopefully my very expensive boot ($291) will be a thing of the past.  

Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Julia said...

Oh goodness, $125,00 for a weathervane? You would have to mortgage your house to buy it, lol...
Your collection is growing and soon, you'll run out of display space. I'm glad the boot is coming off.

Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Lauren, knowing how clumsy you are I suggest you keep that boot because me thinks you'll need it again at some point. Yeah, know you're thinking I'm being a smartass, lol. Yup, we're all cracked a little and some more than others. I LOVE that weathervane and might save the photo to do my version of a hooked design in my other life!!!!!!!

Julia said...

Naughty Ms Saundra... suggesting Lauren is clumsy but on second thought, not a bad idea to keep the boot just in case, lol.
Julia

acorn hollow said...

I have crocks that I keep potatoes in one onions in the other. I haven't bought a crock in a long time. But she's a beaute!
Cathy

NMK said...

Lots of pretty crocks ....cracks and all !!!
Hope you can retire that boot and walk without that !!! I threw my boot away immediately , I don't know if you want to save than Damn thing !!!

Prims By The Water said...

You have a nice collection of wax sealers...those are the smaller ones with a lip on them. They were used for canning and wax was poured on top to preserve the canned goods. You scored a nice crock too with the blue cobalt on the handles. That weather vane is very expensive but am not surprised as they are are rare. Where was the antique store you went to. Just curious as we spent lots of times in various antiques stores in Ohio when we went down there. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful piece for your collection and crocks have become quite pricey. I remember in our younger years, things like this was considered junk, if we had only known. I love weathervanes and those are definitely out of price range.

Debbie

marly said...

I wish there was a place around here to find treasures. Your new crock is fantastic. Love the box too but oh that crock. So Molly gets to browse too or stays in the car? Have I missed the Halloween collections?

Jo said...

Bev & I were in that antique store last weekend before the hook-in & feasted our eyes on that expensive weather vane! Such a great shopping day there, I brought home several “goodies”! Hope you are rid of that boot & on the way to running races!