Saturday, October 1, 2022

Pumpkin Man ~


I am getting so frustrated with my lousy picture taking ability!  I took this one to show that I had to add fabric all around in order for it to fit on my frame.  On the right side the linen was fraying quite a bit.  Fray check to the rescue.

Marly was wondering about the wool used for the ruffles.  It is this cool wool that is perfect for hooking a chicken.

Pumpkin Man's colors look so much better in person!  I am not sure yet what I am doing with the stem on his head.  I thought about either making it smaller or eliminating it all together.  Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

He look cute like that..or, you could draw and hook a brim for a top hat.

TheCrankyCrow said...

He turned out adorably! I absolutely love the movement in the background. The stem did not stand out to me until you mentioned it and I had to go back and look. Hmmm....maybe make it a bit smaller? Or is it the fact that it is off-center that throws it off a bit? No help here. ~Robin~

NMK said...

Love this Pumpkin Man !!! Your colors are great & just love how you hooked the background !!!

acorn hollow said...

He is very sweet I think I would get rid of the stem. You whipped him up pretty quickly.
Cathy

Julia said...

I love your pumpkin man and the colors you chose.
For my own taste, I would remove one row of the stem and replace it with the background color. If you put a hat on he will look more like a snowman. I'm sure you have it all figured out by now.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Either remove it or take out a row or two would look good. Love his toofer (tooth) as my young grandson use to say. He is now 19. Where has the time gone? Any hoot pumpkin man is adorable! Janice

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Hmmm he’s pretty durn cute. But now that you’ve drawn attention… yes I too may play with unhooking one line of the stem. I’d also play with it going twisty and off kilter but that’s a personal thing. Cuz I’m twisty and off kilter? Maybe!

Farm Girl said...

I love it just the way it is!! What a cute pattern and you did such an amazing job. I love seeing your hooked pieces. I love those colors.

Beckyjean said...

I think you choose the version that makes you happy. I love him with the twisty stem!