Monday, October 17, 2022

Fierce Lion ~

I think a more apropos name for this rug would be Funky Lion 😁  His mouth reminds me of the batman symbol . . . lol.  He just makes me smile.  The body is done but I do need to outline the eyes with a beauty line to make them stand out.  I normally struggle to hand cut a very narrow strip, but am heading to hook for a bit tomorrow and I will use their #3 or #4 blade.


A miserable, cold, windy day here on Ohio's north coast.  We had a few snow "pellets" come down.  I am so not ready for high temps only in the 40's.  Not sure if I am allowed to call it this, but where is our Indian Summer?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

It does look like a red batman design, lol. Yeah, what you're having now is what's coming here tonight.

Julia said...

I agree, the lion has the Batman symbol in his mouth, lol...
Cutting narrow strips with scissors is not easy.

We are expecting a few days of rain so I won't be working outside. I'm not ready for snowflakes and I'm glad that we don't have any in the forecast yet.

Take care,
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

Yes it does look like a bat, lol. I sold my first cutter, that had all the cuts. My Townsend only has two sizes, so I haven't used small in a while. We go from cooler temps to warm days, so enjoying it while I can.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

I love your lion. We have had some glorious days here, but I fear they are coming to an end.
Enjoy your hook in.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Our Indian Summer will be here this weekend with temps back in the 70's. We had a miserable rainy cold day these past few days. Our weatherman said we might have had some snowflakes overnight but I was in bed and nothing on the ground. Your funky lion is sweet and yes his smile smile does look like the Batman symbol. Janice

Farm Girl said...

What a great lion. Your Indian Summer has decided to live in California this year. I would gladly trade places with it and send your 40s here.
I had to laugh, it does look like the Batman symbol.
I like that lions personality.

NMK said...

Love your Funky Lion ! It has been cool , windy & wet here ....this weekend will be like Indian Summer could be 70 on Sunday ! Crazy weather .....Happy Hooking !!!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Lion is looking great! We’ve had unseasonably warm weather here in Atlantic Canada for past 10 days. But the leaves were splendid

marly said...

We were covered in white until this afternoon, some remains. High winds were going east, so you didn't hear my scream.

Yep, I see batman too.