Friday, September 16, 2022

Pity Party ~

I am trying to put my fracture in perspective, but I am having a really hard time.  Like I said previously, I am thankful it is not worse and surgery is not needed, but the thought of having to depend on others for 4-6 weeks is depressing for this independent person.  And now, because my shoe (left) and boot (right) are a slightly different height, there is pain in the left thigh/hip.  Argh!!!  A few people have asked if I will become a left foot driver, but I am thinking it is better to be safe than sorry, and at 70 years of age, this dog doesn't need to try a new trick.

One of the reasons I am so ticked at myself.

I prided myself on getting my 10k steps in each and every day.  That has come to an abrupt halt 😢  OK, 'nuff whining.

I haven't yet picked up my hook, but I am working on binding Ole Jack, and you know how much I (and many other hookers) enjoy that process.  I also finished the Halloween decorating.  The boxes were hauled down from the attic before the trip last weekend to Indiana.  The goal was to be done before leaving but that did not happen.  What should have been done in a few hours took a few days with this boot.

I was lucky at the hook in and won a door prize ~ a pattern from Cathy at Red Barn Rugs.  Thanks, Cathy.  

Off this evening to set up for tomorrow's Crooked River hook in.  It is wonderful life is getting back to normal.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

13 comments:

DUTA said...

I had the same kind of misfortune only it involved the right shoulder and I couldn't use my right arm for a while (I could use my right palm though).
No fracture and no surgery needed, thank God. I went to the doctor 2 weeks after the fall, free of pain, due to constantly applying ice immediately after the fall.
Wishing you a smooth, speedy recovery!

acorn hollow said...

So sorry about your foot but it sounds like you are up for some fun this weekend.
cathy

Saundra said...

I get your independence frustration ~ at least you have a DSO. I don't have one and would only want one for purposes such as needing a ride, lol. Congrats on winning that adorable pattern.

Prims By The Water said...

Congrats on your win! A wonderful pattern and cannot wait to see what you do with it. I would stay safe to with that boot...no need hurting it more trying to something you should now. Have fun this weekend! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Woo hoo on the win! I get that uneven issue....boy do I get it. Have a great time at the hook-in! Love the word/definition...I can relate well to that too. ~Robin~

WoolenSails said...

That is the worst thing about getting hurt, it is usually when we are finally getting in shape and that sets us back. Love the rug you won, that will be fun to hook. I still have a sheep rug to do. Never mind the binding and fixing of old ones, lol. Have fun at the hook in.

Debbie

CindyD said...

I think there is a lift you can get for your shoe to make the shoe the same height as the boot.

Julia said...

You sound like me, wanting to do everything yourself. The only way to slow us down is to strap us to a stretcher. I hope it never happens.

I'm all ready for Halloween by just pretending that the house is decorated and then I'll pretend I'm taking it down. Easy peasy and effortless. I've stopped decorating for the Holidays except for a little bit for Christmas since the pandemic.

Heal fast and enjoy the hook in.

Hugs,
Julia

Sue Swank said...

1, 2, 3, Awwwww.
Just joining in on the pity party.
I'm glad you're able to get out and have fun.

Pam said...

I think there is a shoe insert or a lift to fit on the shoe for your good leg that will help even out the discrepancy caused by the boot? You you can't find one on your own I would think your doctor's office could give you info.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

You won a pattern to keep you busy whilst convalescing! May you heal swiftly and well

NMK said...

Oh the pattern you won is So Cute !!! You are lucky you can get to the Hook In and forgot about that Damn Boot and have some Fun !!!! Keep that foot elevated & Ice it as much as you can , if you can .....take care !

marly said...

I hope the weeks pass quickly for you, but that would mean I am getting closer to winter. So never mind.
I had a pair of shoes with the same heel height (or close) to wear with my boot but they weren't comfortable. It helped with the hip and back. The second time I asked for a surgical shoe (not boot) and wore it on other foot to even out. The new light casts are so much better than those boots.

Be careful!