Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Went Missing ~

Or is it gone missing?  I haven't quite figured out that expression.

When I started hooking in 2005, my first hook purchased was an 8mm Hartman hook.  I have since purchased other Hartman hooks (figured I needed back ups in case I would lose it) and many other hooks.  I always go back to using my original one.  Five or six days ago, it went missing.  I have been using my very similar 9mm Hartman (but not the same ~ the wood handle is the same size but the wood used for the handle is heavier) figuring it would turn up quickly.  Sadly, no.  I have looked and looked and looked some more.  I have searched in the most ridiculous places.  I leave for rug camp Sunday and I want my beloved hook 😢


If I am ready to leave Sunday, it will be nothing short of a miracle.  I know I always say that . . . and somehow manage to get it all done.  I am just trying to get too many things done before leaving.  Oh well, oh hell!

She is just too cute not to share.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs😊
Lauren

6 comments:

NMK said...

Oh , hate when I miss place things & spend hours trying to find that darn thing !!! Hope it's mixed in with your wool or hiding underneath something crazy & you will have it for your hook in ! Sometimes being neat & tidy just isn't worth the trouble it causes !!!
Get your TuTu on & you will find it !!!!

Julia said...

Maybe your hook is still in the hooking bag that you used at the last hook-in...

I hate losing things, especially something that I can't do without. Pray to St Antony of Padua, patron saint of lost objects. Don't forget to say thank you when you find it. As I'm getting older, I lose a lot of favorite things and I pray to him and he guides me where the object is. I'll say a little prayer on your behalf. It will turn up soon.

Hugs,
Juia

acorn hollow said...

OH No! It is like a body part. I have a harman I use too, and the collar is missing but it fits my hand just right and knows how I like to hook lol. I too have lots of other hooks but nope I go back to the first one. My grandmother always said "Oh well the devil's got it he will bring it back when he is done with it" I think she is right as things show up out of nowhere sometimes. have fun when you go away, I go in 2 weeks yahoo!
Cathy

Saundra said...

I know how terrible it is to lose or misplace a prized hook; and I've also purchased more Hartmans as a 'back up'.
Once I lost mine and eventually looked under the sofa where it had fallen and rolled under, or my frame base pushed it further under the sofa. Another time I found it in the baggie which held some of the wool used for the previous project.
Hope you find yours soon so look under the chair, sofa or whereever you hook. OR, have you visited a place where you hooked with others?

TheCrankyCrow said...

Has Rajah been to your house??? Things go missing here all the time, but I know exactly who took them. Unfortunately, he can't tell me what he did with them. Bathtub holds a host of treasures each morning, but not all. I have 2 (?) Hartmans and am not a fan of either, truth be told. One has just too thick of a shaft (no clue what mm??? I don't see it marked anywhere) and the other is a bent shaft to which I have never adjusted. My very favorite, believe it if you can, is one I ordered from that lady on Etsy that you introduced us to on your blog who made hooks from old tools. I went back several times to her site but she did not have more...and now I can't even remember her name. Yikes. Anyway...I love that one and would be lost if mine were lost. Good luck locating it and I'll ask Rajah just for good measure. 🤣 ~Robin~

Jennie in GA said...

How annoy…to know it is there and not be able to find it. Hopefully before you leave for camp it will show. That little girl is so stinking cute!