Monday, April 4, 2022

Here's Your Sign ~

Great minds travel parallel paths 😁  DSO and I are huge Bill Engvall fans.  If you are not familiar with him, he is a comedian who has been touring the country for forty years doing stand-up comedy.  At one time, he was part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour along with Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White.  For Christmas, I bought us tickets to go see Bill.  For Christmas, he bought us tickets to go see Bill.  Talk about a lack of communication . . . lol.  We ended up using his tickets (he bought much better tickets than I did ~ row 6!!!) and his daughter and her friend used the other two.

We are not ones to often go see an act, but this is the third time we have seen Bill.  This is actually his Farewell Tour, sad to say.  This man is hysterical.  Funny.  Tears rolling down your face funny.  I hadn't laughed this hard or long since the last time we saw him (in 2018).  His humor is not vulgar.  No f bombs.  Much of his act revolves around the things his wife puts up with being married to him (since 1982).  If you need a laugh, go to You Tube and listen to some of his routines.  He ended his act with his signature piece of "Here's Your Sign".  I will never tire of this man's humor.

Check him out.  You won't be sorry.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

Sounds like just a good time laughing out loud !!! We all need that !!!

marly said...

I enjoyed those guys for years, haven't seen any routines for a long time. I dumped Ron White after a part of his act was disgraceful. Glad you had such a good time, almost impossible not to!

Farm Girl said...

It sounds wonderful! I will go and check it out.

Julia said...

I'm glad you both are on the same wavelength, taste-wise. But I had to laugh at the lack of communication. lol...
I've never heard of this guy but will look him up on Youtube. Thanks. I could do with a good laugh.

Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

I have seen him and Larry the Cable guy. I could not stop laughing the whole night. They were so funny each in their own way. Here's your sign! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am familiar with the "here's your sign" schtick, but wouldn't have been able to put a name to it. Sounds like a great time out. And too funny you bought each other the same thing. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

We did see him a several years ago he was with Larry the cable guy. He was so much better than Larry. Sad he is getting done. He is very funny.
Cathy

Jennie in GA said...

Haven’t seen him, but Foxworthy is a Southern boy and we’ve followed his career. Didn’t know where “here’s your sign” came from, but have definitely heard it in jokes . Will have to take a listen. Too funny about the tickets. I would say that you know each other🤣🤣

Vicki said...

I LOVE Bill Engvall and his clean humor and envy you that you were able to see him in person. When I listen to the comedy channel on Sirius XM in my car and Bill comes on,if I arrive at my destination and Bill is still on, I sit in the car until his skit is finished!! I would love to see him in person and am sad to hear that this is his farewell tour.