Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Hook-y Happenings ~

 

The little patriotic pieces are finished ~ even labeled ~ and two have been delivered to their new homes.

And finally!!!  The binding on Madi's Favorite is done at long last.  It has been steamed once again.  It just needs a label.  I suppose it is time to put the forsythia away for something more summerlike. 

Scaredy Cat was a fast hook.  It is ready for binding.  It is small, just 9" x 11 3/4".  It was a free pattern offered by Lindsay Bowles on Facebook.  (Sorry.  I looked for a link to the pattern and cannot find it.)  

My rug that will be in Sauder's rug show is ready to be started.  I got some ideas on color planning (from the oh so talented Connie of Connie's Wool), but even though small, I think I may struggle with this little rug a bit.  It is something out of my norm.  I will share when I've got something worth showing.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

All great finishes...again... No surprise there LOL. You know I love Scaredy Cat... So, I am a wee bit confused (surprise surprise), but do you work on the chicken piece first??? Or wait until class?? Anxious to see what you have up your sleeve. Still nothing on the frame here. Sigh. But I did send my little "13 Stars" with Cat to match me up some wool for binding. (What??! I count that as a hooking accomplishment!) ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I have not pulled a loop it is much to muggy and hot here. I love your rugs wonderful as always. Can't wait to see what you are working on.
Cathy

Saundra said...

You have accomplished a LOT and admire your dedication to the binding process. And of course your hooking is pefection.

Yeah, the real forsythia blooms died off several weeks ago here, maybe even a couple months ago.

denise said...

Love your rugs! Happy 4th������������

Jacqueline said...

I am a big patriotic fan, love your pieces and how you finished them

Farm Girl said...

Love your rugs today!!! So awesome! You do such a great job.
I love those patriotic rugs so much.

Prims By The Water said...

Loving all of your finishes! Happy 4th to you! Janice

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love your patriotic pieces, especially the one in the old drawer. I haven't hooked in a couple of years. Debating on going to Sauder this year or not. I haven't missed a show since 2003! But since I'm not hooking, I don't see the point...oh well...I'm glad you're still at it and hooking beautifully!!!

moosecraft said...

Love that little cat mat! If you have some purple wool, you can make some lavender stems (to replace the forsythia)... I think it uses the same technique? Anyways, just a suggestion... I certainly am in no position to add projects to anybodys list....as I have an overwhelming pile of fun to attend to as well... ;-) Happy Summertime!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful rugs, and love how they look on table tops.

Debbie