Thursday, June 24, 2021

In the Hooking Queue ~

 

 
So many hooking projects are in the "queue".  It seems like I have been working forever on the binding of Madi's Favorite.  I don't know why it is taking so long, but I am very close.


I hooked three small patriotic mats and they are awaiting the binding, also.  The largest is for my brother's DSO's footstool.  I think this is the last of the seasonal mats I needed to hook for her.  The rectangular one is for my old drawer and the small round one is for a friend's mini cast iron skillet.  I think this, too, is the last of the seasonal mats for her.


Scaredy Cat (look familiar, Robin?) is being hooked for another friend.  We go way back, to when our boys were young.  We reconnected after many years.  She mentioned she liked Halloween, so I thought I would gift her a little mat when we meet for lunch next month.


Brother's DSO, Lyn, and I go way back.  I mean WAAAAAY back.  Years before she and my brother got together.  Her birthday is at the end of July and I want to to hook her a mat using my brother's old ties as tongues.  I blogged about it here.

Next up is a mat that needs to be hooked for the rug show at Sauder Village in August.  Our guild had a challenge, "Anything Chicken".  I committed for 2020.  2020 didn't happen for obvious reasons, and I really forgot about it . . . or maybe chose to forget it.  Since I said I would do it, well . . . I guess I'd better get busy on it.

Geez, when all these are done, I may finally get a chance to work on The Poser.  I have not pulled a loop since class.

I hope everyone's week is going well.  I can't believe we will soon be heading in to July.  HOLY HELL!  Where is the time going?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Time is going fast but when you are watching the clock for retirement it can't come fast enough.
you are a hooking queen with all the mats you are gifting. Such a good friend
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Loving the Halloween and patriotic mats . Once I start doing the finishing on a rug I am fast and I don’t mind it. It’s beginning the work...

TheCrankyCrow said...

Busy you!! Is that your usual method of binding?? (You're using binding tape, right??) The patriotic mats are so very sweet...you are so very generous with your talents. (D*#m the perfect stars...rub it in Sissy, rub it in.) "Scaredy Cat" will always be one of my all-time favorites. 😻 Sooooo, why doesn't "The Poser" qualify as "All Things Chicken"??????? ~et~

TheCrankyCrow said...

....errr..."Anything Chicken"...Knew I'd screw that up but didn't want to go back to the post and lose what I had already typed.... Yeah, pathetically lazy today.

Jennie in GA said...

You are so generous. And your hooking is so neat!!!!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Can't believe it is almost July--the summer is going quickly. I think everyone is trying to make up for lost time--I certainly am--our stitching group will be together again! Am going to be taking some PTO time next week and fingers crossed for me to be productive and finish some projects.

Julia said...

Your little mats are all so sweet and so are you for gifting them away. You are very generous. Anything chicken... that would be me. I'm chicken for lots of things, lol.

Your binding is so neat. I still have some rugs that are in need of binding, but I'm keeping them until my retirement from my retirement. I figure I'll have time then.

I think that the time is going so fast because the end is near. The world can't keep up going the way it is without crashing. Yes sadly, that's what I think...

Take care and keep happy anyway.
Hugs,
Julia

Saundra said...

You are very generous with your gift giving. And like everyone else said, your hooking IS perfectly positioned always. I can tell you are using a wool wrapped edge and I've done that type of binding before but mostly use binding tape.

Prims By The Water said...

Lovely Patriotic rugs! Lucky recipients to receive a Lauren rug. We will be going to our towns fireworks next Saturday. So glad they are having them and the festival this year. Just a half mile p the road from us, but folks come from all around to see these. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

How nice of you to hook Scaredy Cat for your friend! It will be a very special Halloween decoration for sure. An "heirloom of the house" as I like to call them.