Monday, June 14, 2021

Flag Day ~

 


Flag Day occurs every year on June 14.  It is in remembrance of when our country's first American flag was introduced by the Continental Congress as the official American flag on June 14, 1777.  I am forever grateful to live in the United States of America.

I was only gone 2 days, but it seems I have so much catching up to do here at home, but want to do a quick post.  We got more rain (yeah!) so the grass is growing like crazy and the flower gardens need attention.  It is all worthwhile when someone walking by stops and compliments me on how nice things look 😉

I had no email for 4 days!!!  I was not a happy camper.  Friday I spent 70 minutes on the phone with tech support only to be disconnected.  She had my phone number and was supposed to call me back . . . but never did.  Another call nearly an hour long and the tech could not fix it.  I had to send an email to the "postmaster" who was supposed to respond within 24-48 hours . . . NOT!  Nearly another hour on the phone this morning and this tech support person got me up and running on my Apple devices, but still having different email issues on my desktop.  ARGH!  I definitely have a love/hate relationship with technology.

Hooking class was wonderful and great fun.  I have had Cathy Stephan a couple other times.  She just has such a great way with color.  I didn't make much progress on my rug, but at least I have a plan 😁  A lousy picture, but you can see how little I got done.

I did take pictures of many of the rugs being hooked and will share them in my next post.

Last night I kept hearing this loud noise.  Even with the house closed up and the A/C on.  Sort of a trilling sound.  I headed outside with a flashlight to investigate.  I finally found this little guy sitting on the pump of my teeny tiny little pond.  How could that little thing make so much noise?  I don't know if he was just a green frog or a baby bullfrog.  This is what I found doing a search.

"The difference between a frog and a bullfrog is size.  Generally, a bullfrog is bigger than a green frog.  Bullfrogs measure about 3 1/2 inches to 6 inches long, which is about the size of an adult's open hand.  Green frogs measure about 2 inches to 3 1/2 inches long, which is about the size of an adult's finger."



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad you had a great time and had a chance to take pictures. I'm looking forward to the next post.

It's hard to get much hooking when everyone wants to socialize a bit and who can blame anyone especially with all the social distancing because of Covid. Your eagle is looking pretty awesome.

I feel sorry for you with your email woes. My husband has been without email for quite a long time and has had technicians here and they couldn't fix it. $$$$ It's all about his old computer no longer supporting his old email. What the heck? So he bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and he has to learn how to use it.

The cute little frog loves the color red it seems. So Christmasy looking.

Happy Flag Day.
Hugs,
Julia

Saundra said...

He sorta looks like a Tree Frog with suction pads but not sure what sound they make. I've had some tree frogs in my yard but when there's lots of water out back can't determine which the cacophony of frog music determine which frog is making which sound.

Your 'imposter' 'poster' is looking great and am looking forward to watching it grow.

Prims By The Water said...

Well at least your frog was not a opossum which I thought you were going to say. I love our tree frogs who sing. The start of your rug is looking good and glad you had fun! Happy Flag Day. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I find it extremely funny that that little frog got your attention...here the frog chorus can be deafening. If I have a phone call (rare, but yes it happens) and it's evening, I have to close the doors and windows to hear.... Seriously. And when they tuck themselves in places, they can echo in a voice 5x their normal volume. I love frogs. Sometimes the little tree frogs drop on your head going out the back door. The Poser is going to be fantastic....I can just tell. Is yours the same size as Cathy's original? It doesn't look that large for some reason. So, is it your AOL or Gmail email that is acting up?? Happy Flag Day my friend ~Robin~

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Just finished a flag quilt--it will be gifted to a family member--there are so many great flag quilts out there and now that I am finished with the piecing I seems to be finding the "oh I wish I had used this pattern" designs.

Ugh, don't get me started on technology. AT&T has got to be the WORST. Transfer call after transfer call, repeating and repeating information, dropped calls and it goes on. there is surely a special place in Hades which is called Tech Support

NMK said...

Computer problems are sickening to me !!! I want to throw it out !!! We hear the orchestra of tree frogs every night , but haven't seen a little green one like yours in years .

Love your hooking projects , the colors look beautiful already !

acorn hollow said...

ugg I hate computer problems. He doesn't look like a tree frog but those little ones can make a racket! Glad you had fun at your retreat so far I like the colors.
Cathy

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Angela Tucker said...

Oh, I get the tech problems. I have an extremely OLD email address. It ends with .net. I don't want to get rid of it...everyone has it! My account has been absorbed by at least four companies at this point. I'm not sure if that matters but my laptop makes up it's own mind as to whether it will open my email. Some days yes, some days no. My phone is fine. I had an IT person check. Can't tell me what the problem is...maybe Yahoo, maybe me, mostly "I don't know". LOL

That frog is stinking adorable!! One year I had a frog, about 4 inches long living on my back patio. He would freeze every time I turned on the light at night. As if not moving made him invisible. Hmmmm. Nope. Still see you. LOL

sauna room said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and also the rest of the site is also very good.

Rugs

moosecraft said...

Long may she wave!!!
Even with the bugs and humidity, I always feel such peace when I'm tending to the yard and garden. Enjoy the blooms!