Sunday, June 20, 2021

Buckeye Hook In ~

 


Yesterday the Buckeye Hook In was held at the fairgrounds in Croton, Ohio.  This fairgrounds was HUGE and in the middle of nowhere it seemed.

Kathy Wright, one of the authors of the Magdalena Briner Eby book, gave a talk to the group.


If you love . . . or even just like and admire . . . Magdalena rugs, this book is a must for you.  It was interesting to hear her speak of Magdalena and her rugs.


The two standing rugs are from Kathy's personal collection.  They have elements of Magdalena's style, but Kathy says much research must be done before it can be determined if they were in fact hooked by Magdalena.




There were many wonderful rugs in the show.  Stay tuned.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow....I really am loving those two rugs. I am curious about how she actually goes about confirming that they are, in fact, Magdalena's rugs. I might have to break down and get the book. I've always enjoyed the style but, as I said, have never hooked one. You're a seriously dedicated hooker....the only hook-in's/shows I have ever been to were 2 that Cathy took me too to help her vend.

denise said...

Very pretty

Saundra said...

To me (the novice) they don't look like the Magdalena style. But then she might just be promoting the book she helped publish. Wonder if she counseled with Evelyn about them.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Yay, we are coming from the dark tunnel back into "normal" life, I hope! Hook-ins instead of Zoom-ins, yes! I look forward to all the photos you care to share from your hook-in. I love that horse rug!

Prims By The Water said...

How interesting. Of course Saundra did show off her Magdalena rugs, and you were right, she does have a lot. Look forward to seeing more from your latest hook-in. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful rugs, always love the look of the antique rugs, they are timeless.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

What I wonder about is it seems each generation of rug hooker has one break out artist. our generation is so busy copying the last one there will be no break out artist. I am as guilty as anyone. I buy patterns rarely do I draw my own pattern or put my own spin on things.
cathy

NMK said...

These look beautiful , how can she verify if they were done by her ?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

So so nice reading about returning to normal and return to events

Jennie in GA said...

Love that rug with the big diamond. I am always drawn to geometrical. Sounds like a fun day.