Wednesday, December 16, 2020

In Slow Motion ~

 


My life seems to be flying by in slow motion.  Anyone else feel that way?  I have been "almost" ready for Christmas for days, but every day find more things that need to be done.  At the moment, the only thing left to do . . . at least at the moment . . . is to buy one more gift.  

I have found little time to be creative.  I did dig in my cross stitch box and found two Christmas projects stitched in the last few years, but never "finished".  Once again I just turned back the edges and sewed them down with running stitches.  


I hung it on this little cupboard that is hanging in the upstairs landing.  It is so light I was able to hang it with one little piece of a Command strip.  I think it should hold.

I don't know why I am struggling to get this piece hooked.  It is such easy hooking and I have been working on it for a very long time.  I'm not even sure I like it . . . lol!

I am in love with the wire battery lights with a timer.  They add such warmth.


The brown bear on the right is my childhood bear.


The saga of the USPS continues.  After 9 days, I just got a text from my niece that the package arrived at her home in Chicago.  It was out for delivery yesterday according to their tracking to be delivered no later than 9pm.  I am just glad it has made it to her doorstep 😁  My package destined for Florida . . . after 9 days it is now in Columbus, OH, 125 miles from its starting point.  Argh 😟  I worry that the packages I mailed this past Monday will not arrive by Christmas.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I feel like it is on high speed and I never got to do half the things I wanted to, lol.
I got the shopping done, so just the wrapping. I lost all my addresses so got some back but I wasn't able to do as many cards this year, so I will have to redo my lists for next year.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

I ordered something from OHIO and it is sitting in Indiana for the past 7 days awwwwww
It is for me but come on! I sent something to my daughter 9 days ago in the same state and less than 30 miles it has not been delivered yet. The post office is awful this year.
I know they are over whelmed but come on.
I love your piece you bound so sweet.
I have a couple of more things to get but they come from a local little store so no problem
Cathy

Saundra said...

Like Debbie I feel like my time is on high speed because time passes so quickly. Yet my rug hooking progress always seems just the opposite ~ that seems like in slo-mo.
It took 2 weeks for a birthday card to me from OUR sweet friend to reach me. Now that is a card not a package but really?????????? Two weeks?
Interesting you say you're not sure you really like your present hooked project because I go thru the same thing at times. Wondering why I started it in the first place. Maybe after it is all finished and moving on to another project you'll have a better feeling about it.

Julia said...

I'm finding that the time is at high speed and I'm getting slower and slower, lol...

I love your little wire lights and I've been thinking of getting some for my little village but never did. I'm trying not to buy any more stuff but I may just get some.

Your tree mat is looking good. Once you find the perfect place for it it will grow on you. Your hooking is always done to perfection.

The mail and parcel delivery is at a snail pace here too. It took 10 days for a small parcel to arrive here from Woodstock Ontario. I'm not sending any parcels this year. I e-transfer money.

Take care and stay safe and well and I mean it.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Time is flying by too fast for me ...I help babysit my son's almost 2 year old twins , so am pooped after that !!!
Your Cmas Tree hooking is so cute ! And aren't those little lights great !! I had to get more & more !!
Mail is so behind , I heard in my area they had 4 tractor trailers last Sunday just waiting to be unloaded & they were all Totally Full of mail !!!
Take care & stay safe !!!

Prims By The Water said...

So hope your packages get there. My mom could have driven my Christmas card to me faster and I have not received it yet. Dang mail. Sweet bear! Love your cross stitch and fits perfect on your lil cupboard. Janice

marly said...

Lauren, this has been the most disorderly ever. We only buy for two nephews, one partner, and three kids. I don't know what happened. I would see something, have a coupon, and order it. Then a package would show up on the porch and it would be something I remember seeing but not ordering. There are six pair of boots, two pair of skechers, seven pair of jeans, four khaki style pants, three warm tops, leggings galore, slippers, and that's for the youngest nephew and his partner, not including the kids!! WTH??? I never gift this much.

And as always, we think we're ready and then realize Christmas is a week away and we still haven't bought for Chris. A little late to expect delivery. Why didn't that dawn on me?

TheCrankyCrow said...

I said it before, but will say it again...I never knew time could fly by so quickly while I am standing still. Gotta SMH. And I have done nothing...absolutely NOTHING...for Christmas. (Well, I did put a few things out at the lake...only because I had a sudden rush of guilt in my "unplugged" time.) I had one thing I hoped to get in the mail and it is sitting nicely on the table...in a box....waiting. I don't know what's wrong with me. (Please don't volunteer any suggestions LOL). I am absolutely loving your little tree!!! Gah! The colors are perfect to my eyes. I'd likely be rushing to finish it I love it that much. Now, what's wrong with you???? Love your little stitchery too. I need to get more creative with finishing....kinda stuck in a rut it seems. Ok...stuck in a rut before I even get to the finishing part. See sentence no. 5 above. ~Robin~

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! Your Christmas pieces are so incredibly lovely. I'm moving at a snail's pace here, too. What a great idea for the piece on the outside of the cupboard. Sometimes we get so stuck on "awesome" finishing that we forget that sometimes simple is best. Have a great day!