Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Token of Friendship ~




This little cross stitch is on its way to sunny Arizona to its new home.  It is a freebie from Lori Brechlin that can be found here.  (Thanks, Julie, for the inspiration!)  I changed the date to reflect when dear friend Wink and I met . . . just 100 years off.  I simply turned back the edges and stitched it down.  It is sitting on what used to be known as a "primitive" doll that she gifted me many years ago.


At the Sauder retreat, I failed to take any pictures, except for one of Cindi Gay's rug.  Neither words nor a picture can depict the beauty of this HUGE rug.  She has been working on it for many years and brings it to each Sauder retreat.  To give you an idea of the size, this was taken from the second floor balcony, the only way to get the whole thing in a picture.


Friend Heidi got to talking with Cindi, and has put together a 3 day class at Cindi's in June.  Seven of us will be going.  Woo hoo.  I love having hooking events to look forward to.  You can find a wealth of useful information on her website.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

9 comments:

marly said...

Adorable sampler, love the simple finishing.

acorn hollow said...

Well lucky you with your up coming class. That rug is stunning!!
Love your gift you have been busy
Cathy

denise said...

Wow! That is a huge rug!

Prims By The Water said...

That is one huge rug. To big for me to hook, but amazing! Janice

Saundra said...

The colors in that rug a gorgeous and was lucky enough to see it in person as well. But then she has pulled quite a lot more loops by now.

Farm Girl said...

It is a beautiful rug. I would love to see that in person too. Yes, I bet it would be so exciting to look forward to a rug hooking retreat.
Have a great week.

NMK said...

Yikes that is a huge , gorgeous rug !!! Love your Cross Stitch !!!Happy Valentines Day !!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I was trying to figure out how I inspired you and then remembered I had shared that little piece on my last post!! It is actually a little pillow from our friend Lori Rippey! Look at how many people were the source of inspiration for that sweet gift to your friend- Lori Brechlin for the design, Lori Rippey for gifting it to me, Me, for sharing it on my blog, You, for seeing it and then creating it for your friend!!! AMAZING what one little photo can do!!!!! That is the power of friendship and creativity!!! You will have to share this with her and I know she will really love it and how it celebrates your friendship!!!
That rug is AWESOME!!!! I have a friend who loves to hook BIG RUGS, too!!! So wonderful that you will be able to have a class/retreat with her!!!!
You just do THE BEST THINGS!!!!!
Take care and enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

woolwoman said...

had some blog reading to catch up on - your red sampler Marie is lovely! YGG - how about looking for antique frames on your travels for some of the small samplers or just make small pillows for your dough bowl. You have a beautiful collection of stitched pieces. Lucky you attending a workshop at Cindi Gay's studio. that rug you showed is stunning. your finish is wonderful - saw on FB with your new baby perfectly positioned for the camera LOL. Take care Melody