Thursday, February 6, 2020

Antique Pox ~



Antique pox, a disease for which there is no cure.  Last week at the antique mall near Sauder Village, I came home empty handed.  Monday friend Linda and I headed to Seville, OH.  A shop there is closing soon and we wanted to check out the sale merchandise.  Even though Facebook and the sign on the door said they were open on Monday, they were not :(  We walked down the street to Seville Antiques.  Well, I was B.A.D. there!  As I tell my boys, spending their inheritance . . . lol.  I saw this large Peaseware container back at the beginning of December, but since I bought my trencher, passed on it.  It has some damage so it was a great price.  I was shocked to find it still there.  It was meant to be, right?


I'm also a sucker for antique samplers and have purchased several from that shop over the years.  Elizabeth Richey, age 9, is not dated, but I loved the red, "dirty" white (more of a tan color) and blue used in the sampler.


I finished binding and labeling Vintage Blossoms.  The finished size is 23" x 40".  It just dawned on me the other day it matches DSO's barn red half bath perfectly, so it will go live there.  I can't put a rug on the floor without Molly coming in for a photo bomb :)  I took the first picture and she left, but before I got the second one she was already back . . . lol.  The colors in the first picture are more accurate.



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

wow beautiful! I am trying to not purchase many antiques any more.
Cathy

Sue Swank said...

Love the rug and the dog. My dogs bark at me as soon as the camera is pn.

Saundra said...

Such a sweet girl you have there; both of you are lucky to have one another.

marly said...

This girl wants to be a star! I sort of lost my breath when I saw your newest gift to thyself. How I love love love those. Never been to Seville, don't think I could afford anything!!

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute photo bomber! You sure did score at Seville's! Love everything you purchased. Janice

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely rug! I am so glad you went back and those treasures were still there.
Molly is such a wonderful dog.

NMK said...

Your antique pox is a beauty !!! I Love your rug , the colors are beautiful ! And your little Pug ...Cutie !!!

Leonora said...

It's beautifully done, Lauren! I really like this pattern. I saw a photo of it (and you!) today on "Hooking With Friends" : )

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I have that disease, too!!! Isn't it WONDERFUL!!! lol
You really have an eye for finding treasures and I am so happy you could give these pieces a loving home!! I LOVE the colors of the Sampler and the Peaseware piece is a beauty!! I have never seen any out here but just love it!! Molly just cracks me up and is such a little darling!!! She knows how cute she is!!
Take care and enjoy your weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

P.J. said...

Nice finds!! And sweet finish on your rug. Love the photo bomber!!

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs in your sleep

More than 160k men and women are trying a simple and SECRET "water hack" to burn 1-2lbs each and every night as they sleep.

It's very easy and it works every time.

Just follow these easy step:

1) Get a clear glass and fill it up half glass

2) And then do this proven hack

and be 1-2lbs skinnier in the morning!