Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Happy Hump Day ~



Only 18 days until daylight savings time begins.  Only 29 days until spring.  As always, time is flying by at record speed.

Molly loves soaking up the sun.  The way she is sitting, I call it "pug sit", just cracks me up.


McMinn Antique is finished, bound and labeled. Started in a class with Janice Johnson in October, I am happy to cross it off my WIP list.  The pattern is sold by Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios.




This is THE most gorgeous amaryllis.  I wish I could take amazing flower pictures like Kim does.  Hooker friend Mitsuko gifted me the biggest bulb I had ever seen.  I planted it early in December and although I could see the buds starting to emerge from the bulb, it just seemed to take forever to really start growing.  There are now 11 flowers on two stems.  Just BEAUTIFUL.



Thanks so much for stopping by. 
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I had a red one like that this year just amazing. I love the color or your just beautiful.
Your rug looks perfect in front of your cupboard.
Cathy

NMK said...

Your rug is just beautiful ! The hutch is gorgeous too !!! I had one of those plants too ,they are so pretty & the flowers last a long time . Enjoy !!! Can't wait to change our clocks & have Spring !!!!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love your new rug. Gorgeous plant, love the colour.

marly said...

Congrats on another finish.
That is a gorgeous flower. Soon your outdoor garden will be budding!

Sue Swank said...

Your amyrillis is gorgeous. Kris no longer sells McMinn, seems another seller/teacher said it was her pattern to sell. So Kris took it off her website. Luckily I got one when at sauder last year. I'm glad spring is just around the corner as I'll have to come back to Ohio eventually.

Margaret said...

I love your rug finish! And the Amaryllis -- wow! I've never grown flowers from a bulb like that. Always admire people who can. Gorgeous! (Molly cracks me up!)

Jennie in GA said...

Your McMinn Antique is fabulous, one of my favorites. Love that Mollie. Know that you are enjoying her. The amaryllis is gorgeous. I had a pretty red one, but not with that many blooms!

Jacqueline said...

Your rug is beautiful. I love the softness of the colors.

JustGail said...

The rug and amaryllis are very pretty.

Molly - something about her seems like she's quietly waiting for something... not sad really, just reserved, quiet, patient waiting. Maybe a return to her old home?

Prims By The Water said...

Your latest rug is marvelous and love where you placed it. Molly is a one of a kind pug for sure. She makes me smile every time I see her! Janice