Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday Stuff ~



Happy Saturday :)  I love being retired ~ every day can be Saturday if I so choose.

Each year when un-decorating, I miss a thing or two, but it has never taken me until the end of February to find everything.  This is what I discovered last night.  How in the heck did I never notice? 


Ticklepie, a "noreply-comment blogger" was asking about the rug behind the hearts.


It is an antique adaptation and the pattern can be found in Polly Minick's book, The Spirit of Sacajawea.  The finished size is approximately 30" x 45" and each cross is about 4".  It's a great rug to use up worms, though I barely made a dent :)


After not working on my camp rug from last April for many, many months, I finally dyed the wool for the border.  It is just a bit lighter than the background and is also hooked in the antigodlin style.  I am still not a fan of hooking that way.  I like the look . . . just don't like hooking it.  The border is actually 1/3 the area of the rug so I will be working on it for a while.  I would like to get it done before camp this year.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


10 comments:

Carol Daugherty said...

I think hooking the antigodlin way is hard to do with wide cuts. I've pretty much quit trying!

NMK said...

Love the rug you are working on . What is antigodlin hooking ???

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello and Happy Saturday GT.... Ahhh....I see you are still popping out rugs and stitcheries like there's no tomorrow LOL. Wish I could be half as prolific as you! I absolutely adore what I can see of your camp rug....I am not a fan of higgledy piggledy either....like you say, love the look, but the doing, not so much. I also love your McMinn rug...gah!....and that wonderful crow with the flag for your swap. Your hooking mesmerizes me....so perfectly even and flowing. No wonder you don't like higgledy piggledy LOL. My hooking is considerably more "primitive" looking. Miss you girl....Hope all is well in O-HI-O.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love all of those rugs.

marly said...

Ah. Antigodlin is higgledy piggledy. Now I understand.

Colleen said...

What is higgledy piggledy style hooking?

Farm Girl said...

I love your rugs. So pretty. It looks so nice.

acorn hollow said...

I just dismantled my mantle today they first thing husband says when he comes in what did you do to the mantle I liked it?! yikes! Love your work as always Lauren.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Glad I am not the only one who forgets to put something away! Janice

Vicki said...

Ohhhh, I can’t wait to see your finished camp rug. I LOVE what I can see so far.