Friday, December 20, 2019

Last Minute Finishes ~



Always the procrastinator.  The cross stitch has been done for quite some time, but I waited until almost gifting time to "finish" the pieces.  One I simply turned the edges back and stitched (rather crudely) down.  The other I took the really easy way out and just fringed.  Both recipients seemed pleased.


I cut out the pieces for this applique many weeks ago, but waited until Sunday to begin stitching and was gifting it on Tuesday.  It doesn't look like much but it was many hours of work.  I think he came out rather sweet  :)


Tomorrow is the annual gift wrapping for Ohio Pug Rescue at Barnes and Noble.  Molly and I will be there and Ernestine will be joining us mid-shift.  (We are working a double because not enough volunteers came forward.)  Hopefully we will make lots of $$ for the pugs.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Julia said...

Your handmade gifts turned out beautifully. Handmade gifts mean a lot of love goes into it. Your recipients are lucky.
Christmas is so near and we don't have any snow on the ground. It looks like we are going to have a green Christmas.

I hope the Pug Rescue makes a lot of money this weekend.
Hugs, julia



acorn hollow said...

your pieces are so wonderful and if anyone knows about penny rugs they know how much stitching it is. Merry Christmas
Cathy

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lovely gifts for your very lucky friends. Hope you make lots for money for the pooches this weekend.
Enjoy the weekend,
Robyn

Prims By The Water said...

Great gifts and am sure your friends will love them! Good luck at the wrapping. I am not a very good one myself. So glad gift bags came into the scene. Janice

Sue Swank said...

Your gifts are beautiful, so thoughtful. Have a Merry Christmas!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces and I like a fringed edge, I used to do that all the time.
I hope you do well at the rescue.

Debbie

marly said...

So, when do you relax? Nice finishes, happy wrapping!

Penny said...

Oh, to be one of your lucky friends to receive one of your fantastic works of art!
Good luck at the rescue. My daughter works at a feral cat rescue.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the wrapping — who could resist those sweet pugs?!

Saundra said...

The stitchery pieces are nice and sure the recipients are happy. But my fav is the wool applique snowman; CUTE! Hope you raise lots of money for the rescue effort and hope you have warm clothing.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Wonderful gifts, Lauren! Merry Christmas! Lori

Margaret said...

Love all the last minute gifts. Hope the present wrapping got you lots of funds for the pugs!