Tuesday, December 31, 2019

As We Enter a New Decade ~



Can you believe it was 20 years ago when all we talked about was Y2K and all the bad that was going to happen?  Luckily none of it did and those years have flown by.  It was twenty years ago this week that I moved in to my two story colonial I always wanted.  The first thing I was going to do after moving in was remodel the kitchen.  It still hasn't happened :(  I'm hoping 2020 is the year it will.

As another year ends, I have much to be thankful for.  First and foremost . . . my health and the health of those I love.  Surviving a motorcycle accident . . . with minor injuries.  Adopting my Molly.  Trips to Las Vegas to visit my #1 bad boy, Tennessee with dear friend Wink, Massachusetts with DSO.  Many hooking camps, retreats, hook ins and classes taken.  2019 was a good year and I look forward to the same in 2020.

Thanks to my blog readers . . . this is post 1500!  So many of you still leave comments or email me.  Thank you to those who leave comments but are no-reply bloggers so I cannot email you.  Sue S, Brook, R's Rue, Just Gail, Denise, Bobbie B and more.  Your comments are much appreciated.

I will not be making any New Year's resolutions because I never keep them and they are soon forgotten.  Maybe I will go back to making monthly goals like I did years ago.  That seems to work better for me.


May you all be blessed with health, happiness and prosperity in 2020.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

Saundra said...

Love the term 'casual promises to self'. That's a good one. Happy New Year to you and good health for the future. I always enjoy your comments to me as well.

Sue Swank said...

I tried to change my no reply blogger status, hope it worked. You have been busy this year, I hope the next year brings you many blessings. Maybe even that kitchen remodel.

acorn hollow said...

So funny Husband and I was just talking about Y2K lol. You had a great year! And here's to many more great years!
Cathy

NMK said...

Happy Healthy New Year to you too !!! I always enjoy visiting your blog !!!!

Sue Swank said...

How bout now??
I'm going to Jacksonville next week. I am so looking forward to it. It's the only rug camp I attend (so unlike this person I know).
Happy New Year!!

Simply Quaint said...

Happy new year to you as well...what a wonderful blessed year you’ve had......I hope you have many more .....I too do not make resolutions, I am just thankful for each day and make the best of them all......

Blessings
Rhonda

marly said...

Hey. Monthly goals? That is a great idea and so much better than a year's resolution. I may try a weekly goal first and see how it goes. Best wishes for 2020!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Robyn

Julia said...

A lot has happened since 20 years ago. I can't believe we are already here in the year 2020.
It's fun looking back in the old blog posts to see history.
I haven't made any resolutions either this year but I have my list of things I want to do and I love crossing them off the list one at a time. If I don't have a list, I tend to forget. Of course, I'm not as ambitious as I used to be but I'm still enjoying life as much as I can.
Keeping active is important.
Happy New Year.
Hugs, Julia

Jennie in GA said...

Playing catch up tonight . Great post! Wishing you all the best for the NY.

Handmade Rugs said...

It’s an interesting post. Carpet Couture provides the best Handmade Carpets for Living room, Hotels, Home etc from India.